Senior Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Senior Director on our Diversity Equity and Inclusion Team!
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Senior Director, DEI to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
We are looking for a DEI practitioner to join our quickly growing team! Reporting to the VP, DEI, the success and impact of this individual is directly tied to supporting the implementation of strategic and programmatic initiatives against a three-part framework.
- Employees | Embed a culture of inclusion and belonging; establishing DEI programs to enable employee engagement
- Patients | Champion health equity; empowering culturally inclusive care
- Community | Impact communities where we work and live; building an approach to corporate social responsibility
The Senior Director, DEI will be primarily focused on the strategically leading and implementing the second pillar to champion health equity and empowering culturally inclusive care.
How you can make a difference:
- Partner with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer on Health Equity Initiatives to define, implement and evaluate strategies to achieve equitable access and reduce disparities in clinical care
- Partner with cross-functional senior leadership, clinical leadership and staff to incorporate an equity lens into all improvement strategies, including quality, patient safety and population health, to improve health outcomes and the patient experience
- In partnership with the Chief Analytics Officer improve process of tracking and assessing data to identify opportunities to improve disparities.
- Design and implement VillageMD’s Health Equity Program to reduce disparities through determining the root cause of inequities and developing targeted initiatives including cultural intelligence training.
- Partner with Government Relations in developing national policy solutions to confront inequities and disparities
- Engage with the Government Relations extended team in representing VillageMD before State and municipal bodies in our pursuit of programs to facilitate our entry into underserved communities
What will make you successful here:
- You are a business-minded people leader and a functional learning and development expert who can thrive in a culture that is fast paced, results oriented and fanatical about service
- Strong communication skills with a focus on consistent and timely follow-up and follow-through with business stakeholders
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, “outside the box” solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are metrics-focused with ability and history of using analytics to solve problems and develop solutions
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Psychology, Organizational Development, or a related field required
- Minimum of 5 years in a Public Health, Healthcare Administration, DEI and/or Talent Management role
- Proven track record of driving systemic change, enterprise-wide initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights to drive health equity outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms of various communities including communities of color, LGBTQ+, military, differently abled and particularly underserved communities (urban and rural)
- General understanding of the healthcare industry and various teams within the organization
- Proven relationship management skills including a strong customer service orientation
- Positive attitude and outlook manifested in a solutions-oriented approach
- Flexible work style to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and manage last-minute changes with a strong sense of urgency
- Prior experience working directly with the community, patients and clinicians
- Ability to travel as needed
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.