Senior Director & General Manager, Retail and Home & Auto
Are you a leader who has a talent for encouragement and ownership?
Are You Ready For A Massive Professional Challenge?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon
The Senior Director & General Manager, Retail and Home & Auto (H&A) is a key member of our team that leads $1Billion of annual revenue of our $2Billion+ North American Local business. Reporting to the VP of Local with a team of 20 people and growing, you will be the owner of our Retail and H&A businesses. Our GM drives short-term results and shapes long-term strategies tied to national retail and online brands, automotive and home services businesses in our profile and on our target list. We want you to be the face of the Retail and Home & Auto businesses for Groupon internally and externally.
We are looking for someone possessing a deep understanding of the market dynamics and business model drivers of SEO, Retail, Home & Auto and searching for someone who will discover opportunities for growth and innovation.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Generate customer demand, ensure compelling merchant supply and innovate the customer experience at Groupon
- You will define the go-to market approach and set business priorities
- Shape overall vision and strategy
- You will work closely with the Vice President of Local
- Uncover the strategic and operating plan for growing and deepening our partnerships with national retail brands, parking and home service providers
- You will deliver financial results across a variety of instruments from coupons to gift cards to Groupon deals
- Looking for 10+ years of meaningful and relevant professional experience
- Have been a product and/or marketing leader, preferably in an online/ecommerce company with SEO experience
- Prior General Manager experience a major plus
- MBA (or other advanced degree) preferred, but not required
- Extraordinary analytical and problem solving skills to influence executives in multiple functions
- In depth management of a P&L
- Phenomenal customer-focused intuition
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.