Senior Director, Global Production Operations
We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we’re a cutting-edge technology company building products that positively impact the lives of 48MM people and more than 100,000 merchants globally. We have big goals to get to 2020 and beyond, and we are looking for someone to help us get there.
This is a key decision-making position, where you can shape the future of a Fortune 1000 tech company. We need someone ready to take the next step into higher leadership at a growing and profitable company, to push themselves and grow into the technical leader they can be.
The Senior Director of Global Product Operations is responsible for everything related to technical operations at Groupon, from cloud and on-premise data centers, email deliverability, databases and networking to metrics visualization. This individual will establish and manage the strategic vision of the team, leading the effort to improve systems that align with Groupon’s strategic initiatives,
Beyond technical leadership, we are looking for someone to foster the next generation of talent by empowering direct reports to lead day-to-day efforts and focus on go-forward vision and strategy to partner with all product and engineering teams to provide best in class solutions. At Groupon, we are a collaborative company, so we expect great leaders to work with individuals at all levels within Groupon.
An outstanding candidate should be excited to play a major role leading our technical operations and developing our roadmap, and be comfortable reporting to the VP of Global Engineering Operations.
- Provide technological guidance and long-term direction for engineering organization as it relates to the centers we operate in.
- Analytical, data-driven approach to staffing models and purchases
- Ability to develop partnerships with and manage internal and third party resources
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the prod ops department.
- Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the company's business objectives.
- Communicate with organization leaders to determine technology requirements and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the performance, reliability and scalability of the company's technology infrastructure.
- Identify and oversee the implementation of new opportunities to improve the organization processes and efficiency as well as iteration of existing policies to suit the mobility of the organization
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance
- Manage the high level operations of the prod ops department by way of managing Directors responsible for specific focus area(s).
- Provide leadership and development of team communication and cohesiveness, building a strong culture founded on Groupon’s core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of progressive experience in technical leadership roles.
- Experience leading a global organization and Directors, culturally aware, and with a good understanding of international business
- Familiarity with Cloud and SAAS solutions, strategies and contract negotiations
- Technically astute in all aspects of modern technology stacks and approaches
- Expert communications skills and the ability to build strong relationships with non-technical executives
- Provides a strategy and vision for the team to work towards. Sets goals, KPIs and exceeds them consistently. Brings a sense of urgency and prioritization to the team and for the broader technology groups.
- Experience building and consolidating multiple global teams and data centers (cloud and on-prem)
- Analyze and recommend critical build/buy decisions, identifying necessary upgrades and managing critical vendor relationships
- Collaborate with information security on core enterprise security strategy and incident response
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.