Optum Digital delivers digital health and wellness experiences and capabilities to drive consumer activation, retention, and completion of valuable actions. The Platform Product Strategy leader is responsible for leading the Optum Digital platform strategic planning, market intelligence, and product operations functions. You will own the development of long-range product strategies in partnership with the cross-functional Product leaders as well as United and Optum business leaders to ensure our strategies connect to shared long-range goals. You will build market and competitor intelligence capabilities to inform roadmaps and empower product leaders. You will also independently drive product process improvements to decrease process friction and drive experimentation in our agile innovation methods.
This role reports to and collaborates with the Platform Senior Executive, as well as all Platform leadership, Senior Executive Experience Product leaders, and shared service function leaders to drive a unified vision, strategy and product roadmap for Optum Digital's consumer experience platform. The shared goal is to deliver differentiated and market leading digital experiences across UnitedHealth Group that enable healthcare consumers to adeptly navigate their health and wellness journeys while reducing overall healthcare cost. You will lead an existing team to support product strategy, market intelligence, capability standards, and best-practice product life cycle work.You Will:
- Overall responsibility for Platform product strategic planning and portfolio management.
- Primary responsibility for driving product operating model collaboration with engineering and XD teams as well as business stakeholders, enabling a high degree of experimentation and testing while identifying and simplifying processes and artifacts.
- Drive development of market-backed long-range plans, building a 3-year roadmap to connect those strategies to build differentiated digital capabilities and experiences, in partnership with Platform product leaders.
- Serve as the voice of the market and be the expert on market insights, trends and competitive intelligence, maintain a comprehensive understanding of our competitors' products, appetite, and capabilities; provide insights into new and emerging needs in the industry.
- Connect customer insights and data to product strategies, ensuring everything we do is customer-centric.
- Inject market insights to validate strategic perspective, roadmap differentiation, and inform product scope. Empower product leaders to understand, digest and use that information to drive innovation and investment decisions.
- Create a framework for prioritizing technical capabilities necessary to differentiate Optum Digital consumer experiences as well as to offer as services to power partner experiences.
- Through matrix relationships, provide oversight and direction for marketing/marketing communication functions including marketing strategy/value proposition, client collateral and go to market strategies.
- Drive innovation and thought leadership across the product organization.
- May represent the company with customers or with strategic vendors as needed.
- Frames and answers key design questions across products, markets, and segments to improve Optum Digital's value proposition.
- 10+ years of experience in product strategy methodology, design and use of market research to inform strategy, or any combination of education and experience providing an equivalent background.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership/executive level strategic planning, product management experience in the health/health insurance industry.
- Advanced degree MBA, MPH preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience with complex digital health products.
- Strong business acumen, financial and organizational knowledge.
- Analytical competency in using market intelligence and product experience KPIs.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior level management team.
- Ability to engage with and deliver value proposition to senior level management team.
- Ability to pitch complex and strategic concepts.
- Adaptable and flexible to work environment including, but not limited to, handling multiple tasks concurrently, and easily adapting to new assignments, system, tools.
- Produce clear, concise, accurate written communication, clearly conveying thoughts and ideas to peers, management, and customers.
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with peers, management, and customers displaying willingness to understand diverse points of view.
- Learn and apply new initiatives to account plans and strategy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced matrix environment, with comfort navigating ambiguity autonomously.
- Strategic Thinker
- Strong Collaborator/Partnership Focused
- Customer Focused
- Results Oriented
- End to End Influencer
- Strong Leader and Developer of Talent
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will elevate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to better deliver our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.