Senior Director, Strategic Programs at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Worldwide Sales Operations organization at ServiceNow is evolving, and we are looking for a vibrant, self-starter to fill the role of Senior Director of Strategic Programs. This position is perfect for a results-oriented professional who is passionate about bringing organization, cross-team collaborations, connecting the dots, and getting things done. This individual will drive the execution of various initiatives including but not limited to driving the evolution of our organization in relations to site strategy, strategic programs and data accuracy.
As a Senior Director, Strategic Programs, you will be a key member of a team with a passion for driving scale, effectiveness, standardization, and productivity using strategic leadership, data-based problem solving, and process improvement methodologies.
The Senior Director will need to lead organizational initiatives and partner with colleagues in other teams from across the company to identify and implement organizational transformation that enables ServiceNow to meet its strategic goals and continued growth.
You should have a proven record of innovation, project management, and strategic project delivery with experience at a top-tier management consulting company and/or at a fast-growing technology company. You should be comfortable operating in a fast paced, unstructured “start-up” style, team-oriented organizational structure while leading diverse stakeholder groups.
What you get to do in this role:
- Define the programs, scope, workstreams, stakeholders, and roadmaps to drive prioritized initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders across Sales, Finance, and Business Units.
- Build plans, collaborate with stakeholders, drive execution, identify dependencies and risks, help teams remove impediments, ensure smooth releases, and facilitate communication and reporting with stakeholders
Run the Business
- Identify unstructured problems and opportunities.
- Model, analyze, prioritize, and improve processes using data driven decisions, and standardize processes where applicable.
- Develop and execute comprehensive solutions.
- Advise a diverse set of senior leaders, stakeholders, partners, and peers to drive innovation, process improvement, efficiency, and collaboration.
- Oversee status, rhythm, progress and ensure the strategic programs stay on track.
- Identify improvement opportunities related to process or system based challenges for Sales and Global Operations organizations.
- Maintain metrics that provide transparency to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress and quality.
- Bring to bear technical & program management skills to build plans, identify dependencies and risks, help teams remove impediments, and ensure smooth releases.
- Actively help cross functional teams decompose complex projects into manageable parts and devise delivery plans. Track progress against plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule, and resources.
- Serve as the organization’s connective tissue for end-to-end transformational planning, execution, and reporting.
- Establish global standards and best practices around process, policy, tools and data.
- Stand-up shared service centers to support operations expansion and drive repeatable business functions to support global stakeholders.
- Partner with the organization to propose, refine, and implement process improvements and drive efficiencies
- Foster a collaborative environment where differing perspectives are encouraged, acknowledged
- Lead multiple projects maintaining responsibility for project management, team leadership, data analysis, strategy development, implementation, training, and adoption.
- Collaborate and innovate with teams across ServiceNow, including Sales, Finance and Business Units across the enterprise.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure consistent team development and growth
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years of experience in operations consulting / strategy / stakeholder management or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in program management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Strong executive communication skills: exceptional writing skills. Effective communication in written and verbal form
- Ability to define metrics for success, track KPIs towards those metrics and experience analyzing and proposing data-driven solutions. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs
- You’re a self-starter who loves to own things from start to completion. You make things happen and don’t need to ask for permission first
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven success in translating strategy to tactical plans with high-quality execution and delivery.
- An empathetic leader style and have a strong self-awareness
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing cross functional teams
- Experience in developing strong relationships with top senior executives to gain their sponsorship and partnership
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, lead and partner across functions and teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing priorities and projects
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.