Senior Executive Assistant to CTO at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
- As the Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be essential to the company meeting its goals by increasing effectiveness of one of our senior leaders and their department. We ask that you enjoy solving complex problems and excels in behind-the-scenes supporting roles.
- Ensure the CTO's time is aligned with their priorities through demonstrated understanding of the business and by applying expert prioritization strategies.
- Expand the capacity of the CTO to be in many places at once by building relationships and trust with their essential people and communicating as their proxy.
- Increase the bandwidth of CTO by anticipating needs and taking ownership of performing and delegating activities.
- Prioritize the administrative activities of the CTO's direct reports to align with department goals.
- Manage and maximize the administrative processes of the Technology department which includes a regular schedule of ongoing events.
- Work with important partners in the Technology department to manage standard operating procedures to reduce administrative overhead
- Work with the People team to provide support for the employee lifecycle, especially during the interview and onboarding processes.
- Allow the CTO to focus on our mission through engagement in and management of personal administrative responsibilities.
What you will bring to the team:
- Key Experience:
- Experience using Google Suite in a professional environment
- Candidates located in CST or PST timezones preferred
- 8+ years supporting C-level leaders in a high-growth stage tech company of 300+ FTEs and scaling
- Prioritization: You an expert at bringing order to chaos and navigating uncertainty with speed; you look around corners to solve problems before they arise, and can find solutions that balance the personal needs of the executive with the needs of our business.
- Polished Excellence: Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functions in the organization. You thoughtfully negotiate complex dynamics and manage intricate projects and partnerships, and are a precise representative of CTO and our company as a whole.
- Ownership and Partnership: you're an expert at viewing the bigger picture and identify priorities. Because you know what needs to be done and when, you're able to set up processes that improve teams and processes in service of a unified goal. As you are prioritizing the executive's time, you ensure that the details never slip through the cracks.
- Communication: you promote agreement and understanding across stakeholders through communication that reduces ambiguity both for yourself and for others. You understand the importance of both method and timing in communication, and you adapt your style to match context and meet the needs of your audience.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Job Level: Lead
The minimum salary for this role is $95,000. Regional adjustments may apply based on location of candidate. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.EEOC Statement:
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].