Senior Infrastructure Architect - Mainframe at Ensono
The Mainframe Product Architect works with Ensono’s Mainframe product managers to design and architect the solution based on product requirements and is responsible for designing, testing, developing and documenting new and innovative mainframe managed service capabilities as part of Ensono’s hybrid IT solutions. This role will be a critical part of a hybrid engineering team within the CTO organization. A successful candidate is able to work closely with key business partners, vendors, and internal Ensono teams to design and test solutions that meet our client’s needs. An emphasis is placed on delivering highly scalable, cost effective, reliable, and high performing designs that integrate seamlessly with distributed and cloud products and solutions when necessary.
- Be an integral part of the Global Product Engineering bringing significant advances to the Ensono Mainframe products portfolio
- Work closely with Mainframe product management team to understand the strategic direction, priorities, and needs of our company and our customers.
- Design and refine solutions that meet the needs of our clients while aligning with the technology strategy of the company
- Work on new ideas/technology and do R&D/POC testing to create new products/solutions.
- Be responsible for the design, build, test, automation and documentation of mainframe solutions using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams as needed when new products are developed and tested
- Create technical product documentation, training to Operations and other technical teams for incremental Mainframe services
- Providing Technical Advice and Governance for Service Introduction processes
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a large-scale IT environments
- Strong hands-on experience with installation and configuration of mainframe products and software
- 6-8+ years experience in design & implementation of Mainframe solutions
- Previous experience designing integrated solutions, including technical documentation, testing, validation, and problem resolution
- Ability to create vendor technical evaluation criteria and test plans for mainframe technologies
- Self-motivated and driven to define and complete deliverables
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology
- Experience in corporate or business unit-level strategic planning desired
- Moderate level understanding of network/security concepts
Required technology expertise
- Core mainframe experience needed in:
- Knowledge of mainframe subsystems
- Installation knowledge of ISV SW and IBM product
- Fluent in JCL
- Knowledge of catalog structures, LPAR sysplexes, and resource sharing.
- Proficient with RMF, SAS, MXG, MICS, and system monitors to perform z/OS and subsystem performance analysis, with conceptual knowledge of CICS, DB2, MQ, and other RDBMS solutions.
- SMF/RMF expertise
- Knowledge of ACF2, Top Secret and RACF login ID's, dataset and resource rules.
- Excellent TSO, JCL, IBM UTILITIES, JES2, and ISPF a must
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM’s SMP/E.
- Data virtualization and analytics
- Experience with AI/ML technologies
- Experience working with and integrating with vendor APIs
- Experience with agile concepts models
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science or work related experience