Senior IR Consultant at West Monroe
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Incident Response & Recovery (IR&R) team and focus on restoring core IT infrastructure technologies for clients experiencing a ransomware event (or similar security incident). We are looking for a dynamic professional with experience designing, engineering, and deploying a wide array of core infrastructure technologies – systems, servers, cloud, etc. – on short timelines. This is a rewarding opportunity to play a pivotal role in implementing cutting edge solutions, while migrating our clients to a new IT environment with the goal of restoring their business operations.
- Rapidly deploy to client site(s) during or in the aftermath of major security incidents (I.e. Ransomware event)
- Assess current state of breached enterprise environments to quickly understand key impacted business systems/processes
- Interview client leadership from different departments to gather requirements, and collaborate with IR&R consultants to plan, coordinate, and execute breach remediation/mitigation strategies
- Review and recommend technical, process, compliance, and physical controls to mitigate damage cause by data breaches
- Work with your IR&R team to evaluate, recommend, and implement new processes and technologies, or recover existing systems, to allow our clients to resume technical and business operations
- Engineer, deploy, and recover critical infrastructure technologies for both on-prem and cloud environments
- Communicate with West Monroe project management to provide status and other engagement updates
- Promote thought leadership in emerging IR, forensic, and cyber investigation technologies/processes by developing partnerships, leveraging go-to-market offerings, representing the firm at tech conferences, writing blog posts, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-7+ years of experience in an IT infrastructure engineering/administration role in areas such as systems/server, cloud platforms, networking, hosting, virtualization, storage, tools, and/or application platforms
- Implementation experience with any of the following: Windows Server, Active Directory/Azure AD, MS Exchange, Office 365, PowerShell, Azure Services, Amazon Web Services (AWS), server/workstation deployment tools (SCCM, MDT), network routers/switches/firewalls (Cisco, Juniper), virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Well-versed in IR engagements, preferably at the enterprise level, including areas such as technical recovery, threat hunting, computer forensics, legal or compliance notifications, IR plan development, tabletop testing, etc.
- Proficient with forensic investigation and threat hunting tools/platforms preferred (I.e. Carbon Black, EnCase Endpoint Investigator, F-Response, FTK, Exabeam)
- Strong communication and project management skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (I.e. executive or board level presentations)
- Ability to learn new infrastructure technologies to enable delivery of quality, cutting-edge solutions for clients
- Comfortable working flexible hours, including occasionally weekends and overnights, in exchange for schedule flexibility when not actively responding to a client security incident
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.