Senior IT System Administrator at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re seeking an IT Systems Administrator for Affirm’s IT infrastructure! For our ideal candidate: scaling and maintaining corporate systems is second nature, troubleshooting and problem-solving are beloved pastimes, and respect for compliance and documentation is a must.
As a member of Affirm’s IT Systems Eng team you will be the tech backstop for the IT Support Team, guiding the development of corporate facing computing systems while maintaining and optimizing current systemsWhat You'll Do
- Administer enterprise systems and company IT assets including: Application Servers, Databases, AWS Console, and Networks.
- Oversee and deploy the critical and regular security patches and fixes according to its patching cycle
- Oversee and evaluate backup, restore and destruction processes and procedures.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, including applying security patches, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- System optimization activities including patching, upgrading, and performance tuning
- Support our end users in using technology to optimize their workflows
- Maintenance of system documentation and provision of reports on maintenance contracts, SLAs and warranty information of assigned systems
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Evaluate Internet-wide security threats in relation to local systems.
- Improving Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Manage MDM platform
- Build deployment packages for MDM
- Strong ability with *nix (OSX & Linux) administration and support
- Database technologies such as SQL
- Monitor and manage customer environments using RMMs
- Authentication technologies such OAuth, LDAP, RADIUS, ADFS, MFA, SAML-based integrations
- Understanding of Security technologies (Encryption, IDS / IPS, CASB, AV, SIEM)
- Experience with Bash or Python scripting - particularly for Automation
- Experience with SaaS based Logging and Analytics platforms (Datadog, Elastic, Splunk)
- Analyze system performance issues such as availability, latency, utilization and throughput.
- Red Hat or CompTIA+ Linux certification
- AWS Certifications
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.