The Mainframe Systems Programmer provides support for on-going projects that require the installation, testing, and implementation of new operating systems and other 'system' software. Also, the Maintenance and debugging of systems software. Coordination and the IOGEN work for new MF hardware. Research and evaluation of new software and hardware products, assisting team members and other areas with technical questions and problem resolution. Monitoring and tuning of systems software. Functional knowledge, use of z/OS components and detailed knowledge of support products such as tape management, scheduling, security, monitoring systems, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- High complexity assignments * owner
- Moderate complexity assignments
- Low complexity assignments * provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy
- Provide thought leadership within GTS
- Provides Technical Architect storage support for HW and SW Software solutions.
- Processes communication skills to participate in Client meetings and new business deals.
- Works directly with Hardware and Software vendors on new solutions.
- Review and analyze current client software and requirements to determine the most cost-effective and standard software solution to be included in the business proposal.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding
- Design automated monitoring techniques for problem identification and prevention
- Provide and document problem analysis, incident resolution/requests and prevention, designing procedures and best practice techniques along with
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Ten years hands on/industry experience
Ability to perform skill set of a Mainframe System Programmer
Ability to perform complex ISV installations
Ability to perform and lead complex projects
Ability to mentor and show leadership qualities