Senior Manager - Corporate Technology at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, come help build on this momentum! Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with outstanding talent and work without limits.
The Upwork Corporate Technology (IT) Front End team ensures the internal Upwork team can get their work done! This is especially important for a remote first company like Upwork. As a Sr. Manager, join us and lead all aspects of end user and application support including running special projects, growing the team and being the focal point for when people need IT help. This is a critical and highly visible role where you will make an immediate impact within an evolving organization. This is a true career opportunity to apply your previous IT experience to help take us to the next level.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead the front end customer service (helpdesk) & application support team to deliver white glove service and resolution of all corporate help desk activities & projects.
- Own the asset management process for all IT owned assets. Be responsible for IT related purchases & expenditures including software licenses, hardware and tooling solutions.
- Operate as a key partner & resource to represent Corporate Tech's interests and execute on projects with business partners across InfoSec, Finance, HR, Engineering & Workplace.
- Ensure team budget, capacity, SLO and NPS metrics are met. Identify and implement action plans where opportunities for improvement are found.
- Run projects to meet achievements & commitments. Hold the team accountable for the outcomes and business benefits we are aiming to achieve.
- Build a strong remote team and challenge others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities (both internally and with partner organizations).
- Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career growth to fruition. Develop training programs and partner with the Backend Solutions Engineering IT Team to create a cohesive organization.
- Build expert knowledge in our industry and find ways we can implement new processes & tools at Upwork.
- 7-10 years of previous experience leading an IT team within a project oriented tech company (marketplace experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to put in place foundational processes paired with an aim to grow the team and associated service offerings
- Experience and ability to effectively lead, run projects and coordinate work across a remote first, global company.
- Previous experience running an IT team in a modern way (automation & tooling first, manual process second) ideally within private companies, public enterprise companies and stages in between.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & execute on initiatives based on vision and strategic goals. A PMP or similar certification is preferred.
- Leads in an outcome based way with professionalism, empathy and exceptional communication & follow through skills.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.