Senior Manager, Information Security Governance / Compliance at OppFi
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
We are looking for a passionate, mission-driven Information Security governance manager to join our expanding Information Security team. You will lead and manage the process and tools for Information Security & Risk Management, and process IT due diligence requests and ensure compliance to policies, procedures and regulations. You will also work with important partners in Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, and Legal to review and provide security guidance on current and new processes, maintain evidence and artifacts for all audits.
What you get to do:
- Work with CISO to develop information security program and security control assessment strategy
- Run the information security risk management process. Be the primary point of security risk management activities, including analyzing, quantifying, and tracking identified information security risks and reviewing and documenting risk exception requests
- Identify and analyze new requirements for policy impacts; develop policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with established IT policies and procedures by examining IT records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Manage and track cybersecurity audit engagements, due diligence activities, and vendor security reviews; Use working knowledge of information security best practices to ensure IT controls are in place to meet our external audit and client requirements
- Create dynamic dashboards and scorecard for visibility of Information Security Governance activities
- Develop mandatory enterprise cybersecurity awareness training program
- Coach a team of 3-4 information Security analysts
What you bring to the team:
- Background in Information Security, IT Risk Management, or IT Audit
- Experience with security and control frameworks, such as FFIEC, NIST, COBIT, ITIL, ISO control framework
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology compliance programs to meet regulatory or compliance requirements with at least two years of management experience
- Experience identifying potential IT controls risks, issues and opportunities through and offering sustainable recommendations that address cause rather than symptoms
- Experience with information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems within applicable laws and regulations
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].