Senior Manager, IT Automation and Enablement
Ensono is a leading, large-scale provider of managed hosting, mainframe, cloud infrastructure and hyperscale cloud services serving mid-tier to large enterprise clients. The Gartner Group says that, “Ensono is one of the top three mainframe services providers and a top ten provider of data center outsourcing services in North America… helping clients transform to a more standardized, and ultimately, cloud-based delivery.”
The Manager of IT Automation and Enablement is responsible for developing, building and operationalizing runbook/playbook for automation which optimizes productivity for the Ensono Operations Teams who support compute, database, network and storage. The Manager of IT will be responsible for cross-functional collaboration and communication to effectively identify areas where automation can create efficiencies, process improvement, cost savings, resource optimization. This role also requires high level of curiosity and creativity to work around complex technical & business challenges.
- Plan, manage, implement, and support automation projects to drive efficiencies for day-to-day operational engineering teams.
- Develop and publish lifecycle for coding and scripting test automation runbook as well as carry out automated testing procedures in testing and production environments.
- Maintain code control and version of automation runbook/scripts.
- Build automation reports and portals for internal customer interaction.
- Define and ensure quality control with strict adherence to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Implement and report metrics demonstrating the value add to the business and end user community.
- Experience working within an IT Operations environment
- Experience working in Agile environment
- 3 - 5 years of management experience in related field
- Strong background in developing and programming
- Experience in Linux/Unix/Windows/VMWare/Cloud/Network Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience with SQL and MySQL
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and scripting languages
- Experience with source code control and versioning
- Good problem-solving skills
- Passion for programming and automation, and actively look for opportunities to develop tools to streamline and simplify
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Self-motivated and have attention to detail
- Ability to effectively coordinate and lead internal resources to accomplish key milestones
- Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate multiple projects, analysis, and processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver informative and well-organized presentations
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and leadership skills with ability to work and build relationships across multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to learn quickly
- Mainframe Experience
- Knowledge of ITIL and process models
- Certification in some of the scripting tools
Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
Travel to client and various Ensono locations will be infrequent, estimate that approximately 5% of weeks will involve travel
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.