Senior Medical Director | Village Medical at Home at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians, health plans and direct contracting. Village Medical at Home delivers Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) programs through appropriate care (primary, urgent, or palliative) to high-risk, medically vulnerable patients, often suffering multiple chronic conditions, when and where they need it. This patient-centric, continuous care model delivers clinical, economic, and human benefits.
Reporting to the President of Village Medical at Home, the Corporate Senior Medical Director, is a critical driver of success for Village Medical at Home in new and mature markets as the organization scales. This individual leads the overall clinical vision and program development for Village Medical at Home and is a critical leader for the office of the Chief Medical Officer. The Senior Medical Director along with his/her Medical Director Leadership Team, in partnership with our clinical operation teams, has accountability for driving excellent results for all utilization, quality, population health, STARs, growth, Net Promoter Score (NPS), value-based care, and external relationship initiatives for the organization.
While this role will be dynamic in nature, key responsibilities of the Corporate Senior Medical Director include:
- Clinical leader of Village Medical at Home, working as member of Office of the Chief Medical Officer Senior Leadership team to drive clinical operations and strategy.
- Developing and enhancing all Village Medical at Home clinical operations across new and mature markets.
- Co-managing overall performance of Village Medical at Home markets including cost, quality, and patient satisfaction.
- Supporting Business Development efforts and successfully managing the partnership to on-board and integrate new providers.
- Ensuring appropriate strategies are implemented to achieve clinical quality and patient services experience measures.
- Follow-through on key goals and performance measures that advance organizational strategy and business plan.
What will make you successful here?
- Strategic Thinking. As primary care moves beyond the four walls of a traditional office setting, you must apply new approaches and solutions to Home Based Primary Care. This leader must be able to execute new clinical and operational strategies to support new and mature Village Medical at Home markets.
- Execution. This individual must be able to get the work done along with influencing and motivating colleagues and stakeholders into action for accomplishing needed tasks and objectives. It also includes knowing how to create focus around key priorities (right work) and building the capability (right people) to deliver results (great results). Good strategy is worthless if it cannot be executed.
- Business Acumen. This individual will need to drive results and have experience working within Home Based Primary Care, Medicare and Medicare Advantage in a corporate environment. A deep and applicable understanding of the serving chronic, frail and potentially homebound patients is a must. It includes a thorough understanding of the levers that create and position a value proposition to patients and customers, and it drives a decrease in utilization, increase in profitability, and shareholder value.
- Analytical Thinking.Leverage data to identify and define problems, extract key information from data/analytics and develop workable solutions for the problems identified in order to test and verify the cause of the problem and develop solutions.
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Degree in Medicine from an accredited school and is licensed to practice medicine (Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine); MBA /advanced business degree preferred.
- Board Certified.
- Minimum of five years clinical practice experience; strong knowledge of Home-Based Primary Care and the managed care industry.
- Strong leadership experience leading large groups of medical professionals; minimum seven – ten years.
- Proven record of executive leadership and clinical management in the Medicare and Medicare Advantage setting; able to work in matrixed organization.
- Drive change and innovation though continually seeking and implementing innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to execute and drive improvements against stated goals.
- Strategic thinking and ability to communicate a vision and drive results; able to see ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Experience with managing multiple projects in a fast-paced matrix environment.
- Demonstration of strong and effective abilities in teamwork, negotiation, conflict management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Successful ability to assess complex issues, to determine and implement solutions, and resolve problems.
- Instills trust by gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.