Systems & Networks (IT) | Chicago, IL, USA
The Team / Who We Are
We’re a team of technology centric individuals that want to reduce the burden on our clients by providing a homegrown front-to-back platform that streamlines their processes. We’re pretty good at it, and it shows. In 2018, we added 90 new employees globally, 120 new clients, and two new offices. In 2019, we are continuing that growth and working on new tech upgrades. We are also proud to say that the founders still roll up their sleeves and contribute code. Imagine working alongside the founders of a global company on some of our tech initiatives.
What We Need
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, Network Engineer to join our team. In this role, you’ll be involved in progressively improving our existing data center and network infrastructure and making recommendations on new technology.
We have a number of different projects going on and that’s why we are looking for someone senior.
The job involves the following responsibilities: Deploy, update, maintain and troubleshoot network hardware:
- Responsible for maintaining the LAN, MAN, WAN networks.
- Participate in infrastructure (networking) initiatives and technology reviews.
- Assist with the purchase, provisioning, and deploying of data center network gear
- Continue to build our networking infrastructure by facilitating new technologies and upgrades
- Analyze our current networking infrastructure and make recommendations
- Proactively review and improve existing networking configurations and designs
- Act as a T2 SME and work directly with our clients on issues related to our platform, and connectivity issues
You are a great fit if
We think you are a great fit if you like technology, like to get things done without people asking and enjoy a collaborative, laid back environment. You could work at many awesome companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role. You are knowledgeable, care about the details, and like to learn new things. Also, you like food.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Enfusion is a Linux shop - candidate needs to be very comfortable in this type of environment.
- Strong troubleshooting / network debugging skills from physical circuits and connections to application level debugging (packet captures).
- Strong hands on experience with network hardware and networking technologies (top of rack switches, switch chassis, routers, firewalls, virtual appliances).
- Strong understanding in designing, maintaining, and expanding data center networks and infrastructures (e.g., full understanding of optimizing / performance tuning east-west traffic and protecting / isolating north-south traffic
- Experience with dark-fiber terminations and connectivity.
- Experience with implementation of next generation data center / network architectures.
- Strong experience with layer 2 networking protocols.
- Strong experience with layer 3 dynamic routing protocols.
- Strong experience with layer 3+ networking and security protocols.
- Experience with extranet providers and services.
- Experience working with Tier 1 / Tier 2 global ISPs and configuring BGP routing with them
- Exposure to working with firewalling operating system software a plus.
- Very strong understanding of security concepts and technologies as they related to networking (e.g., WAF, DDOS, IDPS, PoLP, RBAC, SiD, and ZT)
- Exposure to public cloud environments and integrating with on-prem systems
- Experience with configuration management, monitoring, and other orchestration methodologies and technologies for networking infrastructure hardware.
- Solid NetEng-grade scripting abilities (Bash, Sh, Perl, Python, or similar).
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Ability to bench press a 2U router.
- Certified candidates highly preferred (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS-*, JNCIP-*)
- It would also help if you have a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Be able to work onsite in Chicago. We’re right inside the Revival Food Hall.