Senior Production Operations Specialist at OCC
2nd Shift - 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM - Sunday - Thursday
This position can be located in Dallas, TX or Chicago IL
This is first-level support role tasked with ensuring that the OCC Production environment remains available by monitoring applications & hardware and escalating to support if/when needed. The Senior Production Operation Specialist is also responsible for ensuring that the OCC meets its comprehensive data processing requirements by tracking and escalating the progress of critical-path batch processing, manipulating jobs and escalating to support when needed.
In addition, this role will focus on Continuous Improvement by identifying, documenting and implementing process improvements.
- Monitor applications & hardware across platforms (Mainframe, UNIX, Windows, and Network).
- Employ first-level Incident identification and resolution techniques to address service interruptions.
- Escalate Production Incidents to second-level support as required by protocol to ensure a timely resolution.
- Support the execution and troubleshooting of UC4 jobs.
- Document and report any processing abnormalities, and work with support to resolve.
- Document and maintain processes, procedures and job-aids.
- Perform mainframe IPL’s, and other system commands if /when needed.
- Support transmissions across SFTP/NDM.
- Support Production Installs, D/R and Industry tests.
- Rerun/Restart failed backups and perform restores when needed.
- Work scheduled overtime when needed to ensure 24 x 7 coverage.
In the absence of the Shift Manager and the Lead Operations Specialist, he/she will be responsible for task assignment and ensuring that Production Operations policies & procedures are adhered to.
Qualification/ Technical Skills and Education:
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a focus on details.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows, and Mainframe/JCL.
- Strong working knowledge of UC4, Applied Dynamics, MQ, Main View, Connect Direct, Logic Monitor, and Service Now.
- Experience with mainframe and client/server job scheduling software.
- Knowledge of Network utilities (Ping, Netstat, Traceroute).
- Microsoft products desktop proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge and understanding of ITIL best practices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of DevOps and ‘shift-left ‘principles.
- Strong process orientation, with experience in process documentation and improvement.
- Experience in adhering to service-level agreements and an appreciation for the required sense of urgency in the Incident space.
- Ability to work in fast-paced high intensity environment.
- Must be a team player.
- UNIX knowledge.
- UC4 Scheduler.
- Mobius via Document Direct.
- zOS/390 JCL, IBM utilities
- Network troubleshooting.
- Transmission protocols: SFTP/NDM.
- Operating systems: Unix, Windows, zOS/390
- Strong Desktop skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 5+ years of OS390 JCL and IBM utilities
- 5+ years working in a multi-platform environment
- 5+ years working knowledge of an open systems scheduling product (UC4).
- 5+ years working knowledge of Mobius/Brio.
- 3+ years of DevOps/’shift-left’ experience required.3+ years of Continuous improvement experience required.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems desired, but equivalent work experience will be considered
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.