Senior SharePoint Online Engineer at Wipfli
At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Wipfli LLP is seeking candidates for the role of Senior SharePoint Engineer. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to learn and grow as an individual and a technology professional. Boring? Never! Experience working with different industries, clients, teams, and a vast array of technologies. Be part of a winning team. Interact and learn from colleagues and as you grow in your career pay it forward and teach and mentor others. This position is primarily responsible for architecting SharePoint Online solutions and executing on SharePoint related projects. The candidate should also be well versed in the Office 365 Power Platform. Work for a highly respected and growing Firm you will be proud of and where new ideas are always encouraged. Change your career trajectory and join our team of dynamic, resourceful, and caring associates.
What you love to do
- Always anticipating what needs to be done and ruthlessly prioritizing work
- Create lasting relationships with clients and associates built on trust and mutual respect
- Helping others leverage their time and/or resources better
- Finding satisfaction in the success of others
- Delivering results for your team every time
- Calmly helping to pull off the impossible when the odds are against us
- Giving and receiving the gift of feedback in a positive way
- Going beyond your job description
What you should know
Our business model was built on finding unconventional ways to drive innovation and realize value in a dynamic and growing industry. By leading with technology at our firm we are better able to help clients innovate with technology. This makes our firm unique.
No two days are alike in this role – however you will be part of a team of experts where no one worries alone. Our team philosophy is that there is no work beneath any of us. By respecting all work equally, we enhance collaboration and strengthen relationships. Clearly, we value versatility and the ability for those who can perform quality work across many areas.
We value working smart and delivering results – we believe it is up to every associate to achieve or exceed their goals. Feedback is essential and necessary to help shape and define the working relationship. Everyone is motivated to help each other improve. Challenge yourself to perform at a higher level than you ever have. Exceptional performance will be rewarded and recognized.
What You’ll Do Once Here
- Design information architecture in SharePoint Online, including web applications, site collections, site taxonomies, Permission model, content types, and metadata.
- Develop data governance and information protection policies, scope the deployment of Azure and Office 365 technologies around this topic and deliver on the scoped solution.
- Scope and deliver simple Flow, PowerApp and PowerAutomate solutions.
- Work as part of a project team to ensure that the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches customer requirements.
- Thought leader who should possess a proven track record of leading technical design in collaboration with business and other technologists.
- Responsible for supporting the development and deployment of solutions for SharePoint Online (SPO) and the Power Platform.
- Document all configurations for future support purposes and Disaster Recovery.
- Provide thought leadership around new service offerings using the Office 365 platform.
- Execute on projects related to SharePoint Online, Power Apps and Power Automate
Who You Are
- Quality driven
- Team player
- Self-starter who activates and executes
- Self-learner who is continually curious
- Empathetic and client service focused
- Calm under pressure
Relevant Experience and Mindset
- Remote position
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Experience with on premises SharePoint Server and migrating to SharePoint Online
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure IaaS is a plus
- Familiarity with SharePoint migration tools such as ShareGate
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
- Ability to observe, think critically, and demonstrate a rational thought process and linear thinking
- Strong written and verbal skills are very important for this position
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.