Senior Technical Trainer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Our Technical Training & Enablement team designs, develops, and delivers technical training and enablement for ServiceNow’s Product organization. We are passionate about making ServiceNow an incredible place to work for every employee and helping ServiceNow achieve its mission. We partner with leaders in our Engineering, Technical Support, and other technology teams to help them achieve their business objectives through learning solutions. We are constantly innovating our approach to deliver the right training, at the right time, at the right level to drive measurable impact.
The Senior Technical Trainer will support the team through the delivery of ServiceNow product training to our employees, providing our employees with the product knowledge they need to continue to build and support the ServiceNow platform.
What you get to do in this role:
- Become an expert in various ServiceNow products and deliver technical content via onsite or virtual classroom formats to technical and non-technical employee roles globally.
- Support and mentor new and existing employees, empowering them to build their ServiceNow product knowledge.
- Interface with subject matter experts, business owners, and peers to meet business needs across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Assess business priorities and liaise with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions.
- Use exceptional verbal and written communications skills to deliver virtual/onsite, multi-day classes.
- Apply knowledge of facilitation best practices to create an effective learning environment.
- Conduct course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training and incorporate measurement and assessment results into future training.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 8+ years eLearning/Instructional Design experience for Information Technology (IT) or Software Development topics.
- Background in IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Business Management (ITBM), Government Risk and Compliance (GRC), IT Management, IT Security, or IT Operations Management (ITOM) preferred.
- Knowledge and hands on experience using service management platforms (ie, ITSM/ITBM/GRC) solutions or similar preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- High level of flexibility, creativity, and dependability.
- Experience work in a technical training environment required; some instructional design experience preferred.
- CTT+ or equivalent preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, proofreading, editing, and reading comprehension skills.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to independently prioritize, shifting workload in a high-growth, ever-changing environment.
- Strong growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills – able to work well with many different types of people.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Ability to travel as needed and work during non-standard business hours.
- Ability to travel to travel up to 50%
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.