Service Catalog and Intake Manager
McDonald’s is taking our business beyond the walls of restaurants - revolutionizing how we interface with our customers. We are providing customers with enticing mobile, web, and kiosk solutions on the scale of industry leading retailers like Amazon and eBay. Technology is critical to our digital strategy. The Project Services team within the Global Enterprise Services Organization is looking for a highly skilled Intake and Service Catalogue Manager to help drive value across the intake process and service catalogue. The role will help enable improve the overall customer experience, efficiency and effectiveness of the intake process and help to drive in partnership with the Director of Planning and Alignment the service catalogue strategy. This role reports to the Director, Planning and Alignment.
The Intake and Service Catalogue Manager is a new role within the Enterprise Services Organization. The role is expected to lead and manage the Intake Process and be the Service Catlalog owner. The role will interface with various parts of the GTES organization including; service delivery managers, project managers and the Service Now application teams.
For Intake Management the role is responsible to simplify and streamline the intake process to make it more user friendly to the consumers. Continually enhance and drive efficiency in the intake process. Drive transparency and performance thru a data and metric driven processes to understand the use of the Intake Process, cycle time, workflow, approvals, prioritization and more. The role should have a continuous improvement mindset to drive a better process for the users.
For Service Catalogue the role is expected help drive the long term strategy is partnership with the Director of Planning and alignment. This role will own the Service Catalogue within Global Technology housed on the Service Now platform. This role will drive the governance processes around the service catalogue and manage the lifecycle of services in the catalogue as well as ensuring that new services are added aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization.
The candidate should have a broad knowledge and experience in Information Technology, experience in ITSM, and should be comfortable in a fast-paced geographically diverse environment, and be flexible to adapt to change.
- 6+ years of general experience in one or more IT functions
- 5+ years of experience in ITSM
- Thorough understanding of ITSM and industry best-practices
- Experience working with the Service Desk with a strong emphasis on ensuring a Service Catalog is strongly and consistently integrated into regular Service Desk Operations
- Experience in collaborating with other IT Service Management (ITSM) related areas to facilitate end-to-end service workflow and system integration.
- Experience in collaborating with Service Owners and Service Providers to design and build both IT and Business Services for a Service Catalog, including but not limited to requirements documentation, design of the order form, approvals, service plan (workflow), email notifications, and integrations.
- Demonstrated business acumen and a basic understanding of the P&L and balance sheet are required. Experience in identifying key opportunities that drive financial performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated skill in Continuous Improvement.
- Significant experience working with all levels of the organization and possess platform skills, presence, and confidence.
Bachelor degree in liberal arts, technology, business administration, finance, engineering, or related fields. Advanced degree a plus
· ITIL v3 certification
· People Management – People lead the intake coordinator and staff aug resources supporting the intake process.
· Intake Process Oversight and Management - Leads a regular (bi-weekly) Demand review session to evaluate current Demand; facilitates decision-making from business to address organizational needs; shapes organizational demand by balancing priorities with existing resources & capabilities
· Intake Performance & Metrics – Monitor and manage overall intake performance including cycle time, volume, aging, trends etc to drive visibility and transparency within the process to all users and utilize data to drive improvements and enhancements.
· Intake Enhancement and Continuous Improvement – Manages enhancements & continuous improvement efforts around intake to drive usage, simplify processes, and streamline workflow and prioritization.
· Intake Training and Support – Ensure the appropriate training is conducted for the users of the intake form and process
· Intake Project Management Assignments – Partner with the Project Services Delivery Manager to ensure a project manager is assigned as appropriate to an intake request to help enable to implementation and required support.
· Service Catalogue Roadmap Support – Support the Director in various projects and efforts to enable the service catalogue strategy and roadmap
· Service Catalogue Governance – Actively manage the governance processes to ensure the service catalogue is up to date, maintained, enhanced and new services are added in a timely manner aligned with strategies and objectives of the organization
· Service Catalogue Expansion – Support the expansion and use of services catalogue outside of GTES. Ensuring new service areas are on-boarded effectively into the tools and processes.
· Service Catalogue Performance & Metrics - Measure and monitor the overall usuage and performance of the intake and service catalogue processes. Work closely with the wider Service Management function to effectively design and build reports, processes, and deliverables
· SMO Partnership – Work closely with the Service Management Office around Service Catalogue to ensure that their needs and long terms strategies align with the Service Catalogue structure and data elements
· Special Projects and Adhoc Request - aligned with Intake, Service Catalogue and Service Now
- Advanced knowledge in ITSM functions and experience of delivery of IT Services
- Strong knowledge of the Service Now ITSM Platform and how Service Catalog and Intake Processes work in the tool
- Understanding of how service catalogue links to CMDB and APM to drive end to end…….
- Strong knowledge of Technology Intake Processes
- Understand and ability to Use and maintain the Demand tool in ServiceNow as the primary demand management system tool.
- Expertise in a metrics-driven environment where progress is demonstrated through improving metric
- Strong Project Management skills and understand of project fundamentals, tools and processes
- Ability to work in a matrix environment to influence outcomes and enable decision making
- Strong operational and financial acumen (driving best value through projects).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and a fast paced, changing environment and think out of the box to solve problems
- Knowledge of transactional Process Improvement, Variation Reduction & Six Sigma. Black Belt certification is desirable but not required.