This leadership position plays a key role in creating and implementing a world-class business system (focusing on strategic planning and continuous improvement) that supports the transformation of Pampered Chef.
This leader will provide sophisticated, data-driven, analysis to support our annual strategic planning process, the ensuing strategy deployment and driving our continuous improvement and problem-solving culture to ensure we achieve our short term and long term strategic objectives.
Working closely with the Director, Business Systems and Pampered Chef’s senior executives, this leader will drive improvements in the annual business planning process (from strategic planning to the annual operating plan and strategy deployment), the development and deployment of our key performance indicators (KPIs) and driving a continuous improvement culture through the deployment of our problem solving system, leading Kaizen improvement events, and providing ongoing coaching and support aligned with business priorities.
We function as internal consultants – partnering across the business (with extra focus on the commercial levers of the business- sales, marketing, product development, and innovation) to deploy tools and processes that support achieving our annual commitments to Berkshire Hathaway as well as our longer term, strategic business transformation objectives.
- Overall Pampered Chef Business System
- Key influencer of the development, refinement, and implementation of Pampered Chef Business System that combines strategic planning, strategy/ KPI deployment, resource allocation, and a continuous improvement problem solving culture
- Help us continue the evolution of the “Pampered Chef Way” tools by benchmarking and incorporating best practices from other Berkshire Hathaway companies and external, world class organizations.
- Act as an owner” by finding opportunities to create value across Pampered Chef – we are empowered and flexible with lots of opportunity to take initiative to improve the customer, sales consultant and coworker experience as part of this leader’s personal and professional development.
- Continually challenge current assumptions and processes, even when outside the scope of business systems.
- Strategy Development & Deployment
- Provides data analysis to support strategy development and deployment of objectives into annual goals and individual KPIs across the organization.
- Key team member in the design and continuous improvement of our annual strategic planning process.
- Ownership of working with teams to set appropriate targets and to build an operating cadence to manage the business and achieve the outcomes required to support our strategic plan.
- Continuous Improvement
- Support development of our problem-solving culture that is tied to strategy deployment and our operating cadence (daily, weekly, monthly management) by leveraging “Pampered Chef Way” tools, consulting skills, and the change management process.
- Partner with teams to develop a Kaizen process and roadmap (i.e., how to use the “Pampered Chef Way” tools to drive sustainable improvement in results).
- Directly provide formal and informal “Pampered Chef Way” training and coaching including 1:1 problem solving coaching, new hire coaching, etc.
- Strategic Mindset
- Business Insights
- Cultivates Innovation
- Instills Trust
- Organizational Savvy
Measure of Success:
- Quality and timeliness of strategic planning, strategy deployment, operating cadence and KPI deployment processes
- Quality and timeliness of problem-solving deployment to achieve our annual operating plan, high priority KPI targets and our objectives for our strategic breakthrough initiatives.
- Overall progress in supporting the transformation of Pampered Chef by developing a strong senior leadership team of “problem solvers” and continuous improvement professionals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Business, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar field
- Experience and/or certifications with continuous improvement tools (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, etc.) preferred.