Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer (Corporate IT) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently seeking a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Corporate IT team, branded Information & Collaboration Technology (ICT). As part our firm’s ICT security team, the senior engineer will deliver current and new cybersecurity products, technologies, and processes to support West Monroe's growing consulting business. A successful candidate will apply IT security knowledge across a broad range of disciplines – compute, storage, and networking as well as applications, within a hybrid on-premise/cloud environment.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of IT security technologies and applications, apply cybersecurity best practices, and adhere to industry standard frameworks like NIST
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to internal teams that request or require cybersecurity engineering, and act as level 3 escalation point for cybersecurity issues from support teams, including the SOC
- Architect and configure security technologies, I.e. Identity & Access Management (IAM) and Office 365, defining rules and associated processes to be in line with enterprise strategies
- Create and maintain comprehensive engineering documentation, including design, product installation, diagrams, and operational runbooks
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations regarding new features or capabilities for existing security technologies
- Analyze the potential impact of new threats to the firm, and communicate risks to relevant business units
- Implement security controls to govern Cloud Managed Desktops, Office 365, and Azure; leverage Microsoft Cloud App Security to manage and secure Microsoft 365 components
- Maintain, manage, and work on a variety of cloud and on-prem Endpoint Security solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Professional Services or Consulting firm/industry preferred
- 5-8+ years of professional IT experience with a career focus on cybersecurity
- Understanding of Microsoft cloud security technologies, identity and access management, SIEM/event monitoring, incident response, and threat management
- Strong Windows OS/Server security background with a proven track record of architecting stable, secure enterprise-scale solutions in both traditional and cloud environments
- Experience operating and managing Windows Server, Azure Active Directory, and Microsoft Security tools, including Cloud App Security, Windows ATP Defender, Azure Sentinel, and latest Microsoft E5 Security Product set
- Knowledge of cyber/information security compliance/standard frameworks like NIST, ISO, PCI DSS, GDPR, etc.
- Ability to read/translate IDS/IPS, syslog & firewall logs, rules, and configuration
- Strong communication skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Project management experience preferred
- Willingness to occasionally travel to other West Monroe offices (ad-hoc)
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.