Sr. Field Service Technician - Navy ELMR Lead SUA at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
Navy ELMR is geographically the largest, most complex ASTRO system in the world. The Lead SUA FST will have primary responsibility, working directly with the SUA PM and other SUA FSTs to help develop migration plans for upcoming Navy ELMR SUA deployments.
Navy ELMR SUAs are particularly challenging due to customizations deployed throughout the enterprise creating a need for customized testing in a lab environment. As such, the Lead SUA FST will work closely with Upgrade Operations and third-party vendors to develop and execute strategies and test plans to ensure a flawless production deployment performance
The Lead SUA FST will drive the creation of processes, tests and documentation to be distributed and used in the production environment.
- Extensive verbal and written communication with stakeholders, technicians and engineers throughout the project life cycle
- Support the SUA PM from a technical perspective in presenting plans to and answering questions of the customer
- Identify issues that may interfere with quality, cost or timeframe and recommend options to manage impact
- Promote and foster a healthy culture and environment in training support team
- Work with the SAU PM to assess the implications of various strategies
- Travel for work in various lab environments, customer meetings and deployment. Travel will vary depending on project cycles but could be as much as 75% at times
- Must be willing and able to obtain DoD Secret-level clearance as required (Must be US Citizen)
- 5 years experience hands-on with Motorola ASTRO technology including Zone Core, ASTRO Networking, Microsoft Active Directory, MacAfee security suite, MCC7500 dispatch, NICE Logging etc.
- Strong organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of technologists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple concurrent responsibilities of varying priorities and shift focus from one to another with minimal loss of productivity or work quality
- 5+ years experience in networking, IT, field service, system technician/specialist, radio frequency or land mobile radio.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.