Sr. IT Architect, Architecture & Development
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ll bring:
· A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
· Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
· Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
The role will provide solution architecture, cross-domain technical leadership and problem solving for a variety of infrastructure domains, projects, and capabilities.
· Experience in the following areas is required: Networking, Virtualization, Server, Storage, Public/Hybrid cloud.
· Knowledge of Cisco, VMware, SAN with SVC and NAS storage and exposure to AWS, Azure are desired.
· Ability to develop an Architectural vision, drive organizational change, balance business requirements with IT initiatives, provide technical leadership ,manage execution and delivery of large projects and programs.
· Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives in multiple departments
· Lead, mentor, and coach other architects and engineers.
· Experience in developing and aligning solutions to published roadmaps.
· Thorough understanding of architecture patterns, frameworks and applying them in building IT strategies.
· Previous experience as an infrastructure/dev-ops/site reliability engineer or architect is a plus.
· Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
· Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
· Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to operations and engineering personnel on a wide range of architectural design issues.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a strong technical IT environment
We’d love to see:
· Deep understanding of large scale distributed systems principles, evolving trends E.g.: Software defined datacenters, containers, and cloud native patterns.
· Exposure to Siteminder, Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Casandra, Oracle, SQL Server a plus
· Open to hands on participation to produce prototypes, proof of concept and other R&D artifacts.
· Ability to build value propositions/business cases and communicating with senior executives (VP, SVP).
· Demonstrated ability to engage with vendors, resellers and technical account managers.
· Knowledge base spans all aspects of software architecture, hardware architecture, operations architecture and integrated testing
Impact you’ll make:
· Develop understanding of core systems and current state architectures across multiple TransUnion verticals.
· Create technical solution blueprints in collaboration with peer architects and engineers.
· Build and maintain domain capability roadmaps to help TransUnion invest in strategic technology areas.
· Facilitate domain focused architecture committees and working groups.
· Advance key Enterprise Architecture initiatives like innovation groups, technology R&D forums, etc.
· Occasional travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.