Sr. Manager, eCommerce Fulfillment Development at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Part of Peapod Digital Labs is the Fulfillment Strategy & Services department. This department provides day to day operational services to the e-commerce operations across each of the US brands, like delivery routing, on-road support, inventory forecasting, operations field support and demand management. In addition, the department provides support improving the business in the form of project management, continuous improvement and business analytics.
Lastly, the Fulfillment Strategy team supports the brands in developing their individual local fulfillment strategy, including network expansion modeling, as well as overall company strategy for fulfillment: how to develop and improve our portfolio of fulfillment models, what is the best way to improve throughput and efficiency, including considering options for warehouse automation, and what capabilities need to be developed or added from an IT systems perspective.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
Within the Fulfillment Strategy team, we are looking for a senior manager of E-Commerce Fulfillment Development. This role will have ownership of the entire channel of "centralized fulfillment" (our dedicated fulfillment centers) and will be responsible for delivering a development road for that channel. The role will be essential in pivoting our current portfolio of fulfillment models to one that is ready for the future, including key projects like re-architecting our back-end IT systems and building and implementing a strategy for warehouse automation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Merchandising, Retail operations, etc.) to translate Customer Value Proposition and efficiency drivers into business needs and proposed improvements
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized roadmap for development and implementation, and align with IT business systems appropriately
- Work with development teams and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for system development cycles.
- Work with cross-functional teams within PDL and the ADUSA brands to ensure that they understand and agree with the vision for the channel
- Aid the development of appropriately detailed specifications for system requirements so that they are clearly understood by IT development teams, by leveraging IT Business Systems Product Owners
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Act as an ambassador for the channel internally and as the primary contact for strategic queries related to the channel
The Essentials In Your Cart - The Required Ingredients
- Deliver key messages to stakeholders on deploys and escalate issues accordingly.
- Interpret and adhere to standard legal, compliance, and business rules during program design and development.
- Takes the initiative to keep both own skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the retail and IT industry
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree, Masters preferred
- 8 - 10 years of relevant retail experience
- Hands-on knowledge of store/e-commerce fulfillment processes and systems, and an understanding of "the day in the life of…"
- Experience in a customer-facing business environment
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.