Sr. Manager, Global Technology Hardware Sourcing at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive best value supplier selection to drive year over year savings on over $600M spend
- Includes hardware sourcing in addition to global hardware/software support and maintenance
- Developing a global VAR program
- Ensure sourcing serves as a critical enabler and value add to the business, while also governing the spend of the business in our operations
- Manage, advise, and engage in the sourcing and contracting processes. Includes evaluating, negotiating, contracting, and renewing relationships with suppliers of goods and services, specifically in the Hardware, IaaS and Hardware and Software Maintenance and Support Category
- Develop and assist with the hardware sourcing strategies
- Identify, evaluate, and implement sourcing industry trends to advance company strategic sourcing excellence
- Strengthen partnerships with business functions across the company to provide valuable consultation. Ensure key business partners understand the strategic and tactical direction for sourcing efforts allowing for integration with company and department strategies
- Develop a strong strategic advisor/partner relationship with cross functional teams (legal, procurement operations, finance, IT, etc.) to ensure best in class contracting practices are in place globally
To be successful in this role:
- Be a candidate who comes equipped to build and maintain a world class team of both employees and service partners
- Be a seasoned candidate with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the strategic and operational aspects of sourcing and procurement for Hardware, IaaS and Hardware and Software Maintenance in a high growth dynamic environment
- Experience working with industry leading suppliers such as Dell, Cisco, Juniper, IBM, HP, Pure Solutions, Lenovo, Apple and value-added resellers, etc.
- Have exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels
- Have deep knowledge of contract process, strong project management skills and a strong customer service focus
- Have demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategy, governance, and structure in a rapidly changing environment
- Exhibit strong analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills. Be a proven creative thinker with a problem-solving approach
- Have an excellent track record of establishing relationships, influencing, and negotiating competing priorities among business partners
- Have a proven ability to deliver concise and simple written and verbal communications to cross functional stakeholders and executives
- Have an excellent grasp of business-oriented financial concepts, financial analysis, budget formulation, and business case development
- Hold one or more relevant industry designations - CPP, CPPM or equivalent
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.