Sr. Manager, Technical Services at DocuSign
Sr. Manager, Technical Services
Customer Success | Chicago, Illinois or Remote-North America
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Technical Services Manager position is an integral part of DocuSign’s delivery strategy to enable our clients’ adoption of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud. The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful project execution and delivery by the Technical Services team within the Professional Services framework and leveraging our best practice implementation methodology. The role will assist in building the Technical Services delivery team to scale as DocuSign expands its footprint across Sign, CLM and related Agreement Cloud technologies and markets. To accomplish this, the Technical Services Manager will report directly to and work in conjunction with the Senior Director of Technical Services to strategize on the following, but not limited to: recruiting plans to meet forecasted demand, identifying skill gaps, building effective training plans for the Technical Services team, incorporating best practices, and creating a high level of customer satisfaction. The Technical Services Manager will work in conjunction with other members of DocuSign’s Customer Success team including Engagement Managers, Delivery Managers, Project Managers, Product Consultants, and Solution Architects. Key to the success of this role will be the ability to attract, retain, and motivate a growing team of technical professionals with a mindset focused on delivering successful customer outcomes through adoption of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud.
- Develop and execute skill development and training plans for the Technical Services team
- Monitor and report utilization and productivity metrics for the Technical Services team
- Manage a team of consultants comprised of a variety of skillsets, technologies and roles (Consultant, Architect, etc.)
- Provide project-level oversight, guidance and support to the Technical Services team
- Support delivery demand across multiple internal teams
- Assist with daily project staffing of resources to ensure team members are highly utilized and well matched to projects that align with their skills, strengths, and areas of interest
- Motivate and build rapport with team members in order to create a fun working environment, reduce attrition, and maintain a comfortable work/life balance
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding efforts to aid in building a team that is well-suited for successfully implementing the DocuSign Agreement Cloud
- BA/BS degree required
- 8+ years of SaaS experience
- 8+ years of personnel management experience within a professional services framework
- 8+ years background in providing customer focused SaaS delivery related services
- 8+ years of experience consulting with customers, project managers, system architects, and developers to construct successful solutions
- 8+ years of experience leading projects of various sizes with multiple workstreams, resources, and products
- Experience with CLM related systems
- Experience with CPQ related systems
- Proficient technical development background with technologies including but not limited to XML, REST, SOAP, .NET, Java, PHP, and/or Ruby
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and multi-task in a high-paced, ever-evolving environment
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.