Sr Network Security Engineer at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Plan, engineer, configure, implement, and troubleshoot security and Network infrastructure necessary to maintain, secure global enterprise network. Provide subject matter expertise for a variety of technology projects with an emphasis on technology security. Partner with internal and external business partners as necessary to provide security assurance against cyber attacks, to include denial of service campaigns, web defacement, unauthorized access, etc.; data loss, to include inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of Company and/or Customer information; and other cyber activities that could negatively impact the good name and reputation of Donnelley Financial Services and/or our customers. Implement new technologies, policies, and procedures for optimal business network operations. Provide operational support for security and Network infrastructure. Proactively identify security vulnerabilities and mitigation opportunities within the security and network infrastructure. Deliver an Ideal Customer Experience always by executing with quality and excellence. Demonstrate an aptitude for maintaining strong security market awareness as well as to recommend, implement, and manage cutting-edge technologies.
- Identify changes needed in Enterprise infrastructure design and configurations necessary to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Actively participate in Enterprise infrastructure strategy reviews and design sessions by
- performing applicable network, system, application, database, and security analysis.
- Analyzes network & system response and determines tuning recommendations to improve performance, adhere to capacity management expectations, and provide performance management reporting.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution processes; Serve as a senior escalation point for all Enterprise network and security operations issues with a degree of quality that results in absolute root-cause determination and drive vendor partners to provide quality assurances by requiring immediate bug fixes, software updates, etc., as necessary to ensure an Ideal Customer Experience at all times.
- Perform 24x7x365 advanced tier 1-3 support, to include but not limited to: troubleshooting, off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and on-call rotation while ensuring all activities will adhere to the Donnelley Financial Services Change Management policy.
- Perform capacity planning of all systems and storage environments; ensure that upgrades are completed on a standardized basis.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network systems, design, configuration, support and processes.
- Create and maintain Disaster Recovery plans ensuring that these are tested and updated regularly
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Conduct high-level and low-level designs for Enterprise security and network infrastructure projects.
- Implement Enterprise infrastructure changes.
- Interact with partner organizations/departments to design network or system solutions for our Enterprise infrastructure
- Design and develop solutions and network requirements based on business unit needs; make recommendations on investments in network hardware and services.
- Evaluate new technologies and recommend future strategy to Management.
- Interact with business partners to develop a strategy to implement perimeter edge security in the cloud.
- Experience in Architecture and design of a global enterprise network.
- Maintain relationships with the customers, associates, and vendors as necessary to proactively identify needed changes.
- Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Actively participate in industry/vendor forums to guide product development activities.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed-upon milestones.
Work Experience Required
Minimum 4 to 8 years relevant work experience
- Firewall: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint Firewall
- Routers and Switches: Minimum of 6 years of working knowledge: Cisco all models
- VPN: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge: IPSec/SSL-based solutions, Site to Site VPN
- Intrusion Detection and/or Prevention: Minimum of 2 years of working knowledge: Radware Defense Pro
- Load balancers: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge: Radware LB, F5 LB
- NAC: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge
- O/S: Minimum of 2 years of working knowledge: UNIX (Solaris, BSD); Linux, Windows variants
- Scripting Languages: Minimum of 3 years of working knowledge: Perl, Bash, Ruby, Python, Terraform
- Application Software: Minimum of 2 years of working knowledge: Syslog, MySQL
- Network tools: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge: TCP Dump, Wireshark, Iperf, Solarwinds
- Network Protocols: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge: TCP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6; Routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF.
- Business Applications: ServiceNow, Zendesk,
- Office Automation: Minimum of 4 years of working knowledge: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Project and Visio, GSuite, Lucid Charts
- Bachelor's degree in related technical / business areas is required
- Minimum 4 years of working knowledge of Azure, AWS and SaaS products.
- Understanding of the business and/or industry
- Experience re-engineering / process improvement
- Knowledge of SD WAN
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflects the current state of a given process
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- CCNP preferable but not required
- Any other certification is a plus
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent