Sr Tech Support Engineer - Integrations at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for an experienced Support Engineer with a passion for excellence. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the technical support department. The engineer is responsible for owning and resolving issues on a daily basis, technical cases created by customers seeking help to understand or resolve an unexpected behavior or answer technical questions about the ServiceNow software and platform.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory, SSO , or other authentication or user management systems (e.g. Azure AD, Okta. SAML, SiteMinder)
- Strong Understanding of Email Infrastructure (e.g. Exchange, Office 365, Postfix)
- Advance knowledge on Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Strong working knowledge of network infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC) or ETL integrations
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle).
- Strong experience using Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshoot complex technical issues with ease
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage case backlog
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment
- Leading investigation and resolving complex issues and escalations while demonstrating exceptional technical understanding, business process and customer needs in a timely manner.
Nice to Haves
- Experience providing SaaS / PaaS support
- Experience working with the ServiceNow Platform
- A fundamental understanding of the ITIL framework
- Experience diagnosing performance-related issues.
- Experience in using tools like Splunk/EL
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
\nWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.\n
Required in Office
\nA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.\n
\nA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.\n
\nA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.