Strategic Sourcing Analyst at Paro
Mission: Our mission is empowering finance & accounting professionals to embrace and succeed in the future of work. We do this by providing freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings. Our machine-learning algorithms create custom matches between freelancers and businesses who need their support, and the quality of work delivered is unparalleled.
Vision: We are creating a boundaryless workforce where labor is the analog. Our future of work is optimized at the skill and task level, and makes finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product on Amazon. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. By capitalizing on this generational shift, we are disrupting the $150bn antiquated finance and accounting industry. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Global Founders Capital, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels.
Culture: Collaboration is key to the Paro Home Team. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our freelancers and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
Paro is seeking a driven Strategic Sourcing Analyst to help grow Paro’s elite freelancer talent. Freelancers are the bloodline of Paro’s marketplace, and only 2% of registrants make it through our vetting process. You will work directly with the Director of Marketplace Operations and Freelancer Operations team to foster growth and refine Paro’s freelancer network. This role is directly responsible for the strategy and execution of sourcing, vetting, and onboarding new freelancers. You will also manage engagement of existing freelancers and develop strategies to retain this cream of the crop freelance talent.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience learning, evolving, communicating, and executing (accounting or finance experience a huge plus!)
- Eager to utilize your soft skills working across business units and with a variety of personalities in the freelance community
- Exude confidence while remaining approachable; you will be shaping the freelancer network and that entails both identifying top performers as well as finding common ground amongst the registrants
- Seek out a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment where you can add value from day one
- Data driven, because numbers matter
- Self-motivated to exceed expectations with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive in all that you do
- Maintain a professional demeanor complemented by excellent verbal and written communication skills
What You’ll Do
- Strategize with the Director of Marketplace Operations on optimizing Paro’s elite finance & accounting freelancer network
- Collaborate with the sales team to determine high-impact needs and creatively source specific talent backgrounds to meet requests
- Recruit the best of the best finance & accounting talent to join the nationwide Paro network of freelancers
- Manage the freelancer experience from registration through onboarding and beyond
- Coordinate with marketing team to design campaigns to reach high caliber talent
- Work side by side with product team to find new ways to engage freelancers
- Think outside of the box across all responsibilities
- Bring your whole self to work, quirks and all, to add to our awesome culture
You work hard, but also enjoy a good mid-day laugh, group coffee outing, or attempting a cross-office basketball shot (no prior basketball skills required). You thrive in an open, collaborative environment where consistent feedback and flat hierarchy are valued. You are a team player and look forward to close collaboration you’ll have with every business unit within Paro.
If you are: Passionate about empowering the future of work, driven to grow something amazing, the kind of person who never settles and is always up to try something new, then we want you to join our team.
Nice to Haves
- Background in public accounting, banking, consulting and/or recruiting a plus
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Fun and challenging environment that propels career growth
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Monthly happy hours and team outings
- Catered breakfast on Mondays and lunch on Fridays
- Great office location in Gold Coast, steps away from public transportation
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push us
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow