ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 95,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 95,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Support Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. The primary focus of the Support Engineer is to significantly lower response times between Engineering and Support by applying their engineering skills to rapidly triage and often solve inbound customer issues, identifying patterns in customer issues and creating self-service tools to address those issues and educating product teams on customer issues within their domain in order to improve the overall product.
Success in this role requires a great deal of organization, ownership, and self-drive.
We always say that we’d rather give out speeding tickets than parking tickets - this couldn’t be more true of the Support Engineer role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What your day could consist of:
- Employing PHP and MySQL experience to troubleshoot issues in our PHP monolith
- Tracking and organizing issues to help alert product teams to trending issues
- Working with other engineering teams to resolve issues and perform root cause analysis
- Working with less-technical support teams to build their troubleshooting capabilities
- Building self-service tools using PHP to aid less-technical support teams in resolving customer issues
What is needed:
- 1 - 2 years of PHP and SQL experience are required
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord)
- Ability to quickly identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot issues within web applications
- Customer focused problem solving & communication skills
- Writing automated tests a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.