Snapsheet is looking for System Administrator to join us in building the best IT team in the nation.
As a System Administrator you understand that as a high-growth tech company we stay cutting-edge by keeping our systems, technology, and processes quick and you have the skillset to do just that. Additionally, you are naturally curious and always looking for ways to drive efficiency across an organization. You see a manual process and immediately find yourself looking for ways to streamline it. As a System Administrator, you are a problem solver and genuinely like helping team members work through issues with their computer systems, software, hardware, etc.
The System Administrator will work collaboratively with our Director of IT and put your skills in helpdesk, system administration, automation, communication, hardware and software to work in building the best possible solutions that will help Snapsheet continue its rapid growth and success.
What You'll Do as a System Administrator
- Support and enable the helpdesk by automating manual processes currently in place
- Automate everyday IT helpdesk and system administration tasks such as patching, support, software installation, etc.
- Build integrations between systems and software
- Design and implement a helpdesk support infrastructure for remote employees
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems; perform problem escalation, if required.
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions.
- Be familiar with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and proper response times.
- Monitor internal helpdesk ticketing system notifications for proactive response and communication of any outages or helpdesk system downtime.
- Participate on helpdesk team projects and tasks to ensure they are completed on time and to specifications.
What We Are Looking For in a System Administrator
- 2 - 3 years helpdesk, system administration, and networking experience
- Proficiency in using modern configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt
- Proficiency in modern scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, and Linux Shell
- Experience in building integrations between SaaS and on-prem systems
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Experience with the following technologies: Google Apps, Active Directory, MS Office for Mac and PCs, JAMF and Azure Active Directory
- Understands helpdesk ticket process, workflow and queue management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
What Will Make You Stand Out as a System Administrator
- Ability to display successful completion of comparable helpdesk and system administration projects
- Experience running DevOps
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with serverless computing
- Strong MacOS Skills Required and Windows Skills Preferred