Systems Administrator at Snapsheet
Snapsheet is looking for a System Administrator to join our IT team.
As a System Administrator you understand that as a high-growth tech company we stay cutting-edge by keeping our systems, technology, and processes quick, secure,reliable and you have the skillset to do just that. Additionally, you are naturally curious and always looking for ways to drive efficiency across an organization. You see a manual process and immediately find yourself looking for ways to automate it. As a System Administrator, you are a problem solver and genuinely like solving issues side by side with our internal customers computer systems, software, hardware, etc.
The System Administrator will work collaboratively with our IT Manager and put your skills in, system administration, automation, communication, helpdesk, hardware and software to work in building the best possible solutions that will help Snapsheet continue its rapid growth today and in the future.
What You'll Do as a System Administrator
- Support and enable the helpdesk and lower tiers by automating manual processes currently in place
- Act as skilled troubleshooter
- Automate everyday system administration tasks such as patching, support, software installation, etc.
- Build integrations between systems and software
- Design, implement, and automate support infrastructure for employees saving time and manual responses.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems; perform problem escalation, if required.
- Monitor internal ticketing system notifications for proactive response and communication of any outages or helpdesk system downtime.
- Participate on team projects and tasks to ensure they are completed on time and to specifications.
What We Are Looking For in a System Administrator
- 5+ years system administration, networking experience, and helpdesk support
- Proficiency in using modern configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Proficiency in modern scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, and Linux Shell
- Experience in building integrations between SaaS and on-prem systems
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Experience with the following technologies: Google Apps, Active Directory, JAMF and Azure Active Directory, Jira, ZenDesk, AWS
- Understands the ticket process, workflow and queue management
- Knowledge of virtualization administration specially VMWare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist other technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated to find and fix problems
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
What Will Make You Stand Out as a System Administrator
- Experience running DevOps
- Overarching key ability to be able to understand not just the underlying components, but how they fit together to create the system as a whole.
- Operational background would be a plus, but not required
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with Cloud best practices and the why’s of proper infrastructure
- Strong MacOS Skills Required and Windows Skills Preferred
- Ability to display successful completion of comparable system administration and helpdesk automation projects