Sprout Social is looking for a Systems Administrator to join the team that is responsible for providing technical assistance and user support for our entire organization. As a software company, our employees’ user experience is incredibly important to us. Our software is used by more than 20,000 brands around the world. Companies like Subaru, Grubhub, Edelman, and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. Our IT team is responsible for supporting the internal systems that our employees utilize, while at the same time providing a world-class user experience to ensure the success of our employees.
We’re looking for a talented individual who understands the importance of IT support and wants to contribute towards improving and enhancing our user experience. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining all our equipment in a thoughtful manner and will be encouraged to provide feedback and improve our processes as it pertains to our users’ experience.
If you’re a self-starter with a history of implementing new processes and technologies to improve overall efficiency, passionate about supporting end users, and actively seek challenges and enjoy solving complex IT problems, we’d love to chat with you!
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Learn our existing tooling and technologies and begin taking on a variety of support tickets.
- Work with the internal IT team to identify some of the potential areas of improvement.
- Become knowledgeable on various technical procedures including onboarding/offboarding, event hosting, inventory management, and customer service.
- Understand our conference room technologies and begin to provide support surrounding these physical locations.
- Participate in team meetings and bring your ideas to the table.
- Begin participating in desk build-outs to welcome new employees.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with your manager and teammates to create and prioritize quarterly team goals.
- Begin to assist with event hosting responsibilities across the organization.
- Become an expert on answering, prioritizing, and escalating support tickets for the organization.
- Assist with desk build-outs and breakdowns as it pertains to our onboarding/offboarding initiatives.
- Begin taking ownership of our VoIP infrastructure and documenting processes.
- Become an expert on answering, prioritizing, and escalating support tickets for the organization and serve as a resource for escalation to the other members of the team.
- Review VoIP rollout initiative and begin making recommendations on the strategy/direction we should take.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Coordinate and work with our external vendors to successfully roll-out our VoIP solution to the organization.
- Assist with upgrading users’ equipment as it pertains to our policy.
- Take ownership of ensuring all users reported VoIP failures are fixed in a timely manner
- Become an escalation point for all complex IT & VoIP issues that may arise amongst the team
- Become an expert on our G-Suite instance and begin to assist with automation processes.
- Contribute towards documenting our processes within the knowledge base for all internal and end-user processes.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be the primary person in charge of all phone/VoIP setup as it relates to our technology.
- Continuously improve and maintain the phone capabilities within our organization and adapting to changing requirements and needs.
- Have opportunities to streamline our onboarding/offboarding processes as it relates to automation.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to contribute to Sprout IT and our user experience in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members