Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will serve as the first line of support for the System Engineering team. Troubleshoots 3rd level help desk tickets until resolution and works directly with Alliant’s Help Desk as needed.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Serves as local expert on Active Directory and manages additions, changes or deletions to the tree structure and group policies as necessitated by the business environment.
- Ensures environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintains currency with operating system and support software; plan and implements major software upgrades; ensures change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed; provides a current, well-managed operating environment for production processing and application development.
- Troubleshoots and successfully diagnoses server hardware or software problems of all levels of complexity.
- Provide support for data located on encrypted storage.
- Troubleshoots 3rd level helpdesk tickets until resolution and works directly with hardware software vendors when necessary.
- Provide support to core server systems (Symitar Hardware) which include: firmware upgrades, releases, patches, ECP/Disaster recovery planning and testing, backup and vaulting of data to TLV (Transaction Log Vaults).
- Provide support for Multi-Hosts Nodes (Symitar): Upgrades, Updates and patches
- Provides 24x7x365 support on all systems to meet departmental Service Level Agreements.
- Provides support for business continuity by ensuring daily backup schedules are completed and provides on-site support for annual disaster recovery test.
- Builds, develops, and manages the Windows Systems, including organizing the development of Operating System technical support, operational software, and server hardware platform capabilities.
- Defines and monitors multiple project priorities and provides technical and administrative supervision; ensures appropriate management is apprised of operational status of projects.
- Provides appropriate hardware/software resources for business applications; performs capacity planning, workload modeling/prediction, and purchasing recommendations for new hardware/software upgrades; provides business applications enough resources for their short-term and long-term growth.
- Documents all projects deployed and ensures cross-training to team members is completed.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Completion of a BA/BS in Computer Science, IT or related engineering discipline or a minimum of 3 years directly related experience in the design, configuration, deployment and administration of network hardware and software, and you have:
- Technical skills required:
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Windows Windows 10
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 Active Directory domains, Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft SCCM
- Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, etc)
- Exchange 2013
- VMWare vSphere 6.X
- VMWare Horizon
- Symantec AntiVirus solutions
- SQL 2005/2008/2012/2016
- HP Blade server hardware
- Cisco UCS
- EMC/DELL Hyper Converged Systems
- SAN technologies – Dell/EMC , NetApp and Pure Storage
- Python Scripting experience a plus
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off