DialogTech provides the leading AI-driven conversation intelligence platform for marketers at businesses that value inbound phone calls. When consumers call, DialogTech turns those conversations into actionable insights businesses use to improve marketing ROI, increase sales conversions, and deliver more personalized customer experiences, both online and over the phone. Recognized as the leader and pioneer in call analytics since 2007, DialogTech is the trusted conversation intelligence platform for many of the world's most successful brands and agencies.
DialogTech is a venture funded, growth stage, digital marketing technology company with over 4,000 customers and 200 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300% growth in its enterprise customer base and doubled its average customer size.
DialogTech is looking for a Systems Engineer that is passionate about building highly reliable, flexible and scalable systems that support our most meaningful systems. You will build out, and maintain infrastructures that balance 10’s of millions of voice minutes a month and web requests per day.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Perform implementation, operational support, maintenance, and optimization of cloud and datacenter infrastructures
- Work with your peers to design and build a highly available cloud hosting platform and incorporate the necessary automations and tool configurations that ensure agile and secure consumption
- Implement solutions requested by internal customers
- Resolve complex problems, build and improve procedures, and facilitate communication
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Deploy software to Cloud computing infrastructure, as well as our datacenter infrastructure, and work with system configuration and deployment automation technologies
- Provide mentorship of hosted systems, databases, and network troubleshooting, and provides various technical solutions to the business requirements
- Build and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Balance capacity plan, tracking growth and scaling platform as needed
- Plan and design migration paths from legacy systems to cloud infrastructure
- Research and write user documentation that is helpful to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation abilities
- Red Hat/CentOS Enterprise Linux and/or Amazon Linux
- Experience using a version control tool such as Git
- Experience with automation tools, preferably Ansible
- Cloud experience, preferably AWS ( such as EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, IAM and CloudWatch)
- Desire to help others and work in a team where a culture of learning and sharing knowledge is pivotal
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers
Nice to have:
- Be a leader with vision by staying abreast of current and emerging cloud technologies and industry trends
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Use of other AWS services such as Route53, KMS, Kinesis, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, RDS and DynamoDB
- Networking skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Continuous Delivery and zero downtime platform updates
- Experience optimizing system and application monitoring and alerting
Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 10 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description