Hudson River Trading (HRT) is a fully automated trading firm where the code we write *is* our business. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development, and are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading. The Global Engineering and Application Support team designs, implements, and maintains all of the back-end tools that keep our endpoints up and running, allowing our trading strategies and research environment to run globally 24/7.
The ideal candidate will drive optimization at HRT by managing a nimble, highly productive team of engineers and application support developers while remaining extremely hands-on. You will partner with the Systems, Finance, and People Operations teams to serve the tech needs of all HRTers company wide. We will rely on you to manage all of our endpoints, ensuring they are up to date. You will build and implement high-impact, scalable technical solutions; improve business operations; and participate in a dynamic, evolving industry.
- As the Team Lead, you will define a global strategy that will manage HRT’s endpoints.
- You will partner with IT management, internal stakeholders, and vendors to design and deploy solutions.
- You will develop a team of engineers responsible for all endpoint management tools and team applications. Your team and you will handle everything from deployments to configuration of the latest software, and be experts on HRT’s various management tools.
- You will collaborate deeply with the support team as their go-to resource when they encounter head scratcher problems, and provide reinforcements if and when they are under stress.
- You will craft RFI’s and RFP’s for anything and everything: new hardware, software vendors, and master service agreements.
- You will support various applications used by HRT’s Finance, Legal, and HR departments and have complete ownership over Software Development Life Cycles.
- We are heavy Mac users, so you will have to have extensive knowledge and experience with Macs and MacOS. Some knowledge of Windows is required as well; we have a few Windows endpoints here at HRT.
- You will have previous experience managing endpoints in a highly technical environment.
- You have experience with and in-depth technical knowledge of the unpinning of the usual OS and endpoints. This includes how to provision, support, and maintain them; what protects them; and the software that runs on them.
- Must have strong familiarity with endpoint management tools and/or modern MDM / UEM style ones. You have designed, built, and deployed MDM / UEM’s from ideation to production.
- You have experience managing direct reports, and proven ability to manage daily workflow for a team and foster a collaborative work environment while possessing a “no task too small” attitude (you still get your hands dirty).
- You have strong project management skills: you have led requirement planning and project review sessions with vendors and colleagues (both technical and non-technical).
- You can plan and execute multiple initiatives while maintaining flexibility and adaptability within a rapidly transforming, fast-paced firm.
- You have an understanding of how to utilize APIs and scripting to produce reports and/or deployments of solutions.
- Articulate communicator with strong presentation skills.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.