Team Lead, Facilities
The Office Services Team promotes employee productivity and satisfaction by planning, coordinating, and implementing a broad range of projects and services that allow Groupon’s headquarters to operate more efficiently.
The role of the Lead Office Services Coordinator is to lead and support the Office Services Team in the everyday operations at Groupon’s headquarters office located in Chicago. The 315,000 square foot facility covers two floors with 1,700+ employees who work on a variety of teams who depend on the Office Services Team to provide a variety of functions. These include but are not limited to:
- Lead the Office Services Coordinators, ensuring all supply locations are fully stocked, employee inquiries are completed and the office is clean and maintained.
- Work with vendors, service providers, and landlord ensuring vendors are providing contracted services.
- Work with corporate security department in adhering to employee safety measures and procedures and uphold safety regulations pertaining to emergency situations and safety equipment.
- Conduct daily rounds and site inspections to proactively stay on top of facility needs.
- Respond to employee inquiries via ticketing software, delegate tasks to Office Services Coordinators as needed. Follow through on tasks from inception to completion.
- Audit Office Services Coordinators communications to ensure exemplary service is provided to all Groupon employees.
- Assist in inter-office moves, build outs, event set up, and space planning.
- Maintain the kitchen, beverage, and office supply inventory by analyzing supply usage and trends.
- Perform maintenance on all office equipment and furniture, submit work orders when required to property management and outside vendors, and work with property management and engineers on building issues.
- Work with the Office Services Team to keep freight lobby clean and clear of boxes.
- Work with Office Services Team to keep building storage space organized at all times.
- Oversee Groupon’s reception and mail distribution services and provide coverage as needed.
- Backup coverage for the Office Services team members when they are out of the office.
- Office/Facilities management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Organized, detail oriented, professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Experience with mail/shipping departments preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Docs, MS Office, and web savvy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism and composure amidst a wave of activity and random requests
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.