Team Lead/Sr.Mainframe Network Systems Programmer at Ensono
Plans, installs, tests, administers, maintains, updates and implements VTAM, TCPIP, FTP, SFTP, TLS, CA/Spool, LRS VPS/DRS, InfoPrint, JQP, XPTR, Connect:Direct, XCOM, Enterprise Extender and mainframe network related software. Diagnoses, resolves, and documents system problems. Supports client mainframe Network environments and participates in client discussions as needed.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for IT mainframe Network systems programming and general product support including configuring interfaces to other subsystems.
- Plans, coordinates, installs, configures, tests, administers, maintains, updates, implements, tracks changes and/or provides corrective maintenance to mainframe Network-related software.
- Diagnoses, resolves and documents mainframe Network-related problems.
- Adheres to ITIL, Change and Problem Management process.
- Effectively communicates with software suppliers, peers, clients and Leadership.
- Maintains current software and products by ensuring system availability and performance in accordance with service agreements.
- Monitors and reports on system/product performance, reliability and consistency.
- Prioritizes and balances tasks, issues and concerns with self, team and clients.
- Increases efficiency through automation and/or template utilization as appropriate.
- Review and seek out cost reductions, efficiency improvements and better methods to support applicable technology environments.
- Keeps informed of latest industry, trends, products, services with relevant existing and emerging technologies.
- Develops leads and manages system programming projects including project management.
- Trains and communicates with Associates and Clients for new upgrades and products.
- Assists Client applications with problem determination and problem solving
- Mainframe Network System Programmer responsibilities are determined by departmental need and may include partial support of technology silos related to several areas such as:
- Operating systems z/OS, Z/VM, Z/Linux
- Network systems, CICS, MQ, Netview, Netmaster, TCP/IP, VTAM, NDM, FTP, EE, CA/Spool, LRS VPS/DRS, InfoPrint, JQP, XPTR, Connect:Direct, XCOM, Bluezone, SailPoint, AT-TLS, SFTP
- Capacity Planning/Performance processor, Networks and storage
- Database Systems DB2, IMS, IDMS, ADABASE, NATURAL, UDB, DATACOM
- Security tools ACF2, Top Secret, RACF
- Storage platforms Tape, Virtual Tape, DASD
- Third Party software tools
- Automated Operations systems AF Operator, OPS/MVS, UNICENTER
10+ years mainframe experience is preferred, with strong networking skills needed. Running traps, traces and debugging network related issues.
Team Lead skillset is a plus
Good communication skills are required as the candidate will be dealing with internal colleagues as well as external clients.