Technical Support Engineer - Automation at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Global Technical Support team is diverse, creative, fast-growing team! We provide technical support round the clock. Support Centers are located in Australia, India, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, UK and US. We are looking for engineers who have passion for technology, problem solving and eager to help customers. We work with different internal teams to provide great customer experience. We thrive to meet objectives, maintaining work focus despite obstacles or setbacks.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will enable our customers with your passion and knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform. You will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues and escalation for the customer and provide technical guidance in addressing their business needs. You will be the voice of the customer into ServiceNow product and development teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge and be part of strategic initiatives for process improvements.
What you get to do in this role:
- Customer Advocate providing support to users/administrators of our platform. Contributing to the growth of best practices for delivery of support services.
- Understand our platform, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations.
- Manage and resolve all issues.
- Experience assessing, troubleshooting, resolving and providing root cause analysis for ServiceNow Product issues.
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and use that expertise to help customers.
- Opportunity to become Subject Matter Expert in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers. Share and deliver knowledge sessions with peers globally.
- Opportunity to create scripts to automate repetitive tasks or scripts to enable faster troubleshooting.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes.
- Work on technical and non-technical projects.
- Communicate with customers and our teams through case, phone and other electronic methods.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the customers.
- Maintain impeccable case hygiene and customer related files and records.
- Role requires working in 24/7 shifts on a rotational infrequent basis.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science (or related technical degree) with 2+ years of related experience within technical support or software coding environment or equivilant professional experience.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented programming. Java preferred
- Understanding of Networking concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH protocols, concepts of firewall, load balancer and ports
- Experience in using Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good knowledge on RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle)
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshoot complex technical issues with ease
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage case backlog
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues (difficult customers).
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.