Technical Support Specialist
TITLE: Technical Support Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
LOCATION/DEPT: Naperville PMC/IT
REPORTS TO: Technical Support Manager
Responsible for local technical support, and coordination of duties with the Naperville office.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Duties include problem definition, research and resolution of situations of Levels 1&2 complexity.
• Coordinates local support activities with the tech support manager in Chicago office.
• Responsible for managing and updating pending user’s requests using help-desk tracking system.
• Majority of requests should be first-call-resolutions at the Naperville office.
• Escalate issues based on complexity and priority.
• Performs administrative tasks involved with creation, deletion and changes in user’s network accounts.
• Can assist with remote support of the Chicago office when needed.
• Provides feedback to the team leader on key issues that affect IT services availability.
• Advises users on system outages.
• Possibility of after-hours support/on-call.
• Assists network/system engineers (when needed) with maintenance and troubleshooting by providing local on-site presence with direction from the engineers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting the following software products; Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, MS Windows 7/10, MS Active Directory, Email/O365, Anti-Virus products, Anti-SPAM products, and Remote Access methods (RDP, LogMeIn Rescue)
• Responsible for administrating Microsoft Active Directory, Office365, S2 Security, and AWS Connect call-system
• Troubleshoots network and voice connectivity issues (with guidance from engineers)
• Troubleshoot printer and copier connectivity issues as well as monitor toner levels
• Configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices, iPhone, Android
• Work as a remote team member of Chicago office IT
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS in computer related field preferred but not required. (Equivalent experience will suffice)
• Strong technical background on PC compatible type of hardware and peripherals
• Macintosh (Mac) support experience is a plus but not required
• Working knowledge of mobile devices; iPhone and Android
• Working knowledge of basic networking: Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
• Experience with Microsoft products; Windows 7/10, Office 2013/2016, Active Directory, O365, and learn new systems when added
• Ability to be self-governing when needed
• Can take direction and constructive feedback required
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong prioritization and multitasking skills
• Work in a fast-paced environment