Technical Support Specialist
Duties include problem definition, research and resolution of situations of Levels 1&2 complexity
- Coordinates problem-handling process for the information technology department.
- Responsible for managing and updating pending user’s requests using help-desk tracking system.
- Escalate issues based on complexity and priority.
- Performs administrative tasks involved with creation, deletion and changes in user’s network accounts.
- Provides feedback to the team leader on key issues that affect IT services availability.
· Advises users on system outages.
· Possibility of after-hours support/on-call.
· Assists network/system engineers (when needed) with maintenance and troubleshooting by providing local on-site presence with direction from the engineers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting the following software products; Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, MS Windows 7/10, MS Active Directory, Email/O365, Anti-Virus products, Anti-SPAM products, and Remote Access methods (RDP, LogMeIn Rescue)
- Responsible for administrating Microsoft Active Directory, Office365, S2 Security, and AWS Connect call-system
- Troubleshoots network and voice connectivity issues (with guidance from engineers)
- Troubleshoot printer and copier connectivity issues as well as monitor toner levels
- Configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices, iPhone, Android
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in computer related field preferred but not required. (Equivalent experience will suffice)
- Strong technical background on PC compatible type of hardware and peripherals
- Macintosh (Mac) support experience is a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of mobile devices; iPhone and Android
- Working knowledge of basic networking: Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience with Microsoft products; Windows 7/10, Office 2013/2016, Active Directory, O365, and learn new systems when added
- Ability to be self-governing when needed
- Can take direction and constructive feedback required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.