Technical Support Specialist
tastyworks is a retail brokerage that provides professional-grade, world-class technology to retail traders at industry-leading prices. We focus on derivatives trading and offer equities, equity options, futures, and futures options. Built from the ground up by a team with decades of experience in the financial industry, we’re a modern brokerage for the current financial climate.
We are seeking an experienced IT/Technical Support professional to join our team. This person would assist customers via phone, email, and chat on a wide range of technical issues encompassing everything from basic website and platform navigation to software installation.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Assist users with installation, navigation, and settings issues
- Create tickets as necessary for any found bugs, feature suggestions, functionality requests, or custom settings
- Provide input and recommendations to development team for improvements regarding current features and functionalities for software
- Manage office hardware inventory
- Experience with technology, the cloud, and web-based and downloadable application
- Familiarity with basic Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS operating systems, interfaces, and system settings (Linux is a bonus)
- Ability to navigate efficiently through a program’s interface functionality while assisting customers to do the same on their machines using only spoken instructions
- Understanding of program file location and management
- Basic knowledge of office hardware, monitors, and common cables (HDMI, Display, Lightning Cables, USB-C, etc.)
- Well-spoken and ability to efficiently communicate with customers
- Ability to listen, understand, assess, and assist with any customer issues, asking questions as needed and giving detailed directions in response
- Casual, modern office
- Daily catered lunch
- Full kitchen with snacks and beverages
- In-building gym
- Park-like roof with games and herb-garden
- Dental, vision, and medical coverage
- 401(k) matching
*tastyworks is a wholly owned subsidiary of tastytrade and part of a broader family of companies that work to serve all the needs of an individual investor. We aim to fill the financial vertical with: tastytrade, educational content; tastyworks, a platform and tools for trading derivatives; The Small Exchange, retail-accessible futures products; Quiet Foundation, a free investment advisory service; dough, a content-filled, easy-to-use stock-trading app; and luckbox, a monthly print and digital financial magazine.