Training Manager, Care at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for an enthusiastic Care Training Manager to help lead a team of learning professionals in a hybrid model of remote and in office employees. We are seeking an individual who is a strong people leader and capable of overseeing projects related to our training curriculums. The right candidate is self-motivated and ready to bring a whatever-it-takes mentality to our fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You will be in charge of delegating responsibilities and managing the workflow of our team members to ensure a well supported training program both internally and within our outsourced partner network.
You'll need to be ready to dive right in - our staff is always growing and the training never stops. It's hard work, sure, but it's also a fun place to work. You should be excited about becoming a change leader in our uniquely awesome culture.
The Impact You Will Make
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Training & Communications to lead the Care Learning Solutions Associates and Instructional Designers
- Train, coach, motivate and manage a team of Learning Professionals to improve individual skill sets
- Develop clear expectations and instill accountability for employees across all aspects of their performance
- Create effective coaching strategies and content for team meetings
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies within Care Training curriculums and employee development
- Collaborate with key Stakeholders to identify learning needs of existing and emerging LOBs within the organization
- Monitor regular tracking and reporting of Training KPIs and translate these metrics into successes and opportunities
- Encourage transparency and align broader company initiatives with department goals
- Be a respected leader while maintaining our collaborative and dynamic team culture
- Encourage employees to contribute new ideas and solutions to problems
- Take on projects outside of the scope of day to day responsibilities as needed by the Care Training & Communications department
- Contribute to the Care strategy as it relates to the Care department as a whole
- Collaborate with all members of Training & Communications to meet daily objectives and both internal and external needs
- Additional training responsibilities as dictated by business needs
What You Bring to the Table
- Coach's mentality: you love helping others succeed and strive at pushing your team to its fullest potential
- 2+ years of leading or coaching a team
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to adult education preferred
- Ability to handle all HR related responsibilities involving employees: corrective action, payroll facilitation, employee reviews, compensation recommendations, hiring needs, etc.
- Skilled approach at leading one-on-one and team meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across multiple internal and external groups
- Possess an analytical, data driven mindset with an understanding on how to analyze metrics and using them to improve performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of flexibility
- Willingness to travel as needed
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]