Vice President of Operations at Cameo
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
This is the once-in-a-career opportunity for an exceptional strategy/operations leader with unmatched bias for action to write history. You will own all aspects of strategy and business operations for Cameo’s quickly growing organization, including strategy, analytics, planning, operations, and enablement. You will partner hand in hand with our COO, CFO, CEO, and CMO to set and execute the strategy for fast growth, building a large-scale global business organization.
What you’ll do here:
- Build and lead Cameo’s Strategy and Operations organization of strategy/planning, analytics, operations, and enablement teams.
- Ensure cross-functional coordination, revenue recognition and alignment of KPIs.
- Partner closely with C-level to set go-to-market strategy and construct corresponding business/execution plans. Shape fundamental business strategies, including monetization, market entry, vertical/segment focus, operating models.
- Lead business planning, goal-setting, and establish measurement/analytics framework and cadence. Provide analytics and reporting for the leadership team, including forecasting, pipeline analysis, quarter and year-end reports, board slides, performance to quota, deal tracking, funnel growth, funnel velocity, close rates, etc.
- Architect and build the industry’s most effective on-boarding/enablement organization. Define, develop and manage the delivery of sales training/enablement to assure the rapid assimilation of new hires and the ongoing development of existing sales, strategy, operations staff.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 12+ years of experience, building and leading global strategy, operations, analytics, and planning teams.
- Proven track record hyper-scaling (5x YoY growth) technology companies. Highly comfortable navigating ambiguity in a startup environment.
- Inspiring leader who has constructed high-performing global multi-functional organizations.
- Highly creative and strategic: track record of creating innovative and sound strategy for growth. Management consulting/business strategy experience highly preferred.
- Flawless organization & execution: proven ability to execute quickly and flawlessly against business strategy, driving complex project roadmaps to completion across cross functional stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to work cross functionally to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders and ability to lead major change efforts requiring cross functional leadership collaboration.
- Proven ability to operate deftly across executive leadership. Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills.
- Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches.
- Adept with Salesforce and sales technology stack and primary point of contact for IT; proven ability to drive administration, adoption, and enablement of sales tools and processes.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.