Vice President, Supply Chain Operations
Vice President, Supply Chain Operations
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture were our Supply Chain Operations helps transforms our business through championing quality products, customer-meaningful solutions and insights, supplier quality, and business-impacting results. We strive for the best end-to-end customer experiences, reinforced through the closed-loop process of communication, and flawless delivery with high perceived quality as well as value for every order.
We are looking for a smart, experienced, operationally-oriented, senior leader who will transform our direct-to-consumer, floral supply chain practices to create a best-in-class approach to 1) perishable product sourcing, 2) demand planning, and 3) product delivery, to enable industry-leading customer satisfaction. In this newly created role reporting directly to the business unit leader, you will partner with suppliers to source the highest quality flowers, floral hard goods, and other perishable gifting products, and ensure on-time customer delivery, high customer satisfaction, at competitive fulfillment costs.
As the head of Supply Chain Operations for the consumer business, this role requires a high level of independent and innovative thinking, willing to challenge established ways of operating. The ideal candidate has a pattern of setting ambitious direction, working collaboratively, leading game-changing initiatives, setting a high-performance bar, and delivering results. This is a unique opportunity to have a high-profile role in the transformation of a critical discipline within our company, and the leader must be passionate about the customer experience.
You will directly influence results by working cross-functionally to ensure alignment and drive results, including Quality Assurance, Supplier Quality, Procurement, Consumer Insights, Customer Service, Operations/P&L, Marketing, and Merchandising teams. You will lead analytical and quantitative "deep dives" into supply chain data and customer feedback to help drive enhancements with a high level of service to internal customers.
You will contribute to building a customer-focused Supply Chain team that thrives on customer satisfaction, quality, fulfillment, and improve measured customer loyalty and satisfaction. You will also lead;
- You ask why and invent better ways of doing things
- You develop a playbook to deliver the right product to the customer, on-time, and in a cost-effective way, across all fulfillment channels. Build structure and process bringing significant, measurable, and repeatable results in cost reduction, product quality improvement, and supply growth/capacity
- You identify suppliers, build strong external relationships, and negotiate cost competitive rates
- You instill a defection reduction mindset. Benchmark, track, and performance manage KPIs
- You establish credible, long-range, item-level demand and supply forecasts, working collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Leverage data and analysis to continuously optimize our vendor, fulfillment, and distribution footprint mix
- Leverage strong analytical and quantitative skills to analyze data and translate it into action
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in a simple and concise fashion. Create buy-in and quickly establish credibility with key cross-functional partners including Merchandising, Site Merchandising, Marketing, and Florists
- You are fun to work with and possess a no-nonsense approach to accountability and results
- You hire the best and develop talent to be our future leaders
- Maintain productive working relationships with all functions, Customer Service, Marketing, Merchandising, and Finance. Work in concert with peers in other business units.
- Oversee pipeline, prioritization, and execution of quality Research and Development as well as New Product Introduction process
What we seek is a Vice President, Supply Chain Operations with the ability to facilitate the collection of primary data throughout the supply chain that affects quality while coaching and mentoring employees and peers to succeed. These are what we are looking for;
- Brains, ambition, energy, and passion. Possess big thinking with a long-term horizon
- High sensitivity to great customer experience. Deep dive customer pain points and urgently resolve
- Bias for getting things done and a track record for achieving lofty performance expectations
- Hands-on leader who is willing to roll up their sleeves and be scrappy. Able to give clear direction, inspire, and hold others accountable
- Strong negotiator aiming for win-win-win outcomes
- Drive perpetual process improvement. Acts when sees opportunities. Naturally motivated and does not wait for direction
- Strong business acumen. Understands a P/L and how to drive profit levers
- Highly organized, prepared, and a persuasive, confident communicator across all audiences
- Analytical and quantitative; oriented towards making data-based decisions with 360-degree views
- Ability to explain complex issues in a simple way
- Build strong relationships across the organization and collaborate across multiple disciplines acting with the authority of the business unit leader
- Embraces constructive feedback and in return, delivers constructive feedback, all within the spirit of getting the better business performance and customer satisfaction outcomes
- Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, or Engineering degree from a top institution. 15+ years of supply chain management experience (agency, CPG, retail) including 5+ years in an e-commerce environment, or other highly relevant experience. Track record of increasing responsibility and upward mobility. MBA and Six Sigma certification preferred
- Manage people spread across multiple locations and willingness for infrequent travel
What we offer is an opportunity to be a part of a team that shines under pressure and challenges you exceed your goals. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas of the business as we push for efficiency and collaboration. We much enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company.
Join us and contribute to our digital transformation! While you are part Supply Chain Operations team, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few high-traffic E-Commerce companies that can offer you the possibility of adding your fingerprint on the development and resurgence of a 109-year-old company.
Reporting to: Rob Van Auken
Location: Downers Grove
Hours: Full-time Monday through Friday
Connect on LinkedIn with the Recruiter: Duarte R Mendonca