VP, Global Information Technology at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
VP, Global Information Technology
We are looking for a VP Information Technology to lead our IT engineering and support teams as we scale globally across multiple continents.
Our ideal candidate will be strong technically with excellent business communication skills and broad experience in IT operations, business systems, security and support. He/she will have experience in modern SaaS/cloud-based based infrastructures in which they have scaled, led, and secured an ecosystem of applications with proactive strategies and roadmaps, and a strong vision. They have a strategic mind and operate as a senior leader that influences the business and company strategy.
- Sets the mission and vision of the IT organization to foster a customer-centric oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Be a trusted advisor, that builds and maintains relationships with other technical leaders and business executives to develop an understanding of business needs; ensures efficient delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Drive the direction of all Corporate Systems including workstations, email, directory services, IAM and office technology
- Partner with the business on overseeing all Business Systems such as Salesforce, HR software, Marketing solutions, Finance systems and more
- Work closely with Information Security team on implementing all appropriate policies in Corporate IT Security
- Manage all purchasing and budgets across all corporate and business systems
- Build a roadmap and key performance indicators that are well understood and anticipate emerging needs.
- Lay out plans and smoothly execute on the integration of company acquisitions
- Build a strong team of technical talent to deliver results and support future growth and mentor the team to their full potential
- 12+ years of relevant technical experience, including 6+ years in a leadership role
- Experience managing global technology teams and supporting business across many offices and continents
- Experience integrating mergers and acquisitions and consolidating technology
- Success in using both standard methodologies, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as agile philosophies.
- Track record of building and effectively managing large and diverse teams
- Demonstrable ability to formulate a strategy, drive a tactical plan and execute on that plan.
- “Hands-on” operating style and approach but a view towards the future and willingness to invest in people development and in developing an organization that will support a large company.
- Proven experience as a business-focused, credible leader in a large fast-growing technology company
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.