Workforce Optimization Manager
The Manager, Workforce Optimization is responsible for ensuring optimization of the workforce for Global Operations through advanced labor modeling, workforce planning, centralized controls, and labor productivity management. This will include maximizing labor structures, developing robust labor metrics and tools, enhancing related system solutions, identifying process changes and efficiency opportunities.
These objectives will be achieved in collaboration with Human Resources, Recruitment, Finance and the Operations leadership team. The position will establish monthly expense goals with Finance and other cross-functional partners, provide status updates and regular reporting, drive compliance, promote a culture of workforce management within the Global Organization, and influence behavior in a collaborative way.
Business Functional – 50%
- Act as thought leader in the area of workforce optimization; communicate with and train leadership on best practices and opportunities to increase efficiency and decrease costs.
- Deliver a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to workforce management that seeks to optimize both labor and the customer experience.
- Establish strong core processes, business and financial rigor, governance and accountability for best-in-class labor planning and optimization across 6,000+ employees across the globe.
- Oversee existing labor scheduling technological solution to ensure optimal inputs are used to create productive schedules.
- Provide strategic insight and recommendations on the development of strategic footprint decisions to guide operational efficiency.
- Lead the continued evolution of our Global Business Contingency Planning.
Business Analyses – 50%
- Design and build scheduling models to achieve targeted service levels and support customer experience & revenue generating initiatives.
- Analyze contact center trends, including call volume, call patterns, staff productivity, attrition rates, and resource allocation to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Deliver recaps, reporting, and analysis of KPIs; recommend improvements to increase efficiency and drive conversion
- Analyze data and report weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly performance and workforce efficiency KPIs to increase sales and reduce labor expense
- Design and implement human capital analytics to address existing talent and business issues, such as attrition, performance, growth and/or cost reduction.
- Interpret and communicate analytical results and findings to business partners and senior management in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or up in: Business Information Management, Economics, Logistics, Communication, Business Administration or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of experience in the call center industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced proficiency of mathematical and analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency of communication, feedback skills, interview and meeting structures and roles.
- Must be able to act and communicate on various levels within the organization.
- Strong proactive and results-oriented collaboration skills on multiple levels.
- Advanced problem signaling and solving skills.
- Knowledge of and experience within general contact center processes.
- Proficiency to organize, host, plan and participate effectively in a meeting and determine plans and (project) goals.
- Proficiency and knowledge of the complete WFM process and advanced knowledge in regards to the area of responsibility.
- Preferred: knowledge of and/or experience with workforce management platforms (Blue Pumpkin, NICE IEX)
- Preferred: COPC and/or Lean Six Sigma certification
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.