z/OS Lead Systems Programmer at OneMain Financial
Who we are:
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of people. We are building on our foundation by investing in our digital capabilities and innovative, personalized ways to engage with our customers. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases.
OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years
Open to Remote Candidates.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Perform storage administration and replications functions to support defined service level agreements.
- Develop/test Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan.
- Install, support, maintain CICS Transaction Server, WebSphere MQ, DB2 systems.
- Support and maintain Communications Server providing VTAM-TCP/IP services.
- Create and monitor security settings to control access.
- Provide application programming support as requested.
- Navigate hardware and software vendors' technical support portal.
- Determine root cause of problem using diagnostics and recommend/implement preventative action.
- Design, implement, and support a multiple logical partitions (LPARs) environment.
- Perform analysis and make tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Lead complex projects for software/hardware upgrades.
- Facilitate the relationship with hardware/software vendors to coordinate upgrades; Maintain awareness of new/changes in hardware and software.
- Analyze and recommend improvements in cooperative processing platforms
- Maintain appropriate position documentation
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Management.
This position requires experience with large, complex z/OS mainframe environments and excellent problem-solving skills. Experience with z/OS, IOGEN, SMPE, OEM software products, LPAR support, and Parallel Sysplex support is required. CICS, DB2, CA, BMC software, and Communications Manager & IBM MQ experience is a plus. Soft skills of the successful candidate should include some technical project management, the ability to interact well with other technical teams, the ability to function well in a matrixed support environment, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- 8 years of advance level Installing and configuring software running in z/OS environment
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced competency working in complex systems environments
- Proficient project management skills
- Expert knowledge of the PC (hardware and software) is essential.
- Expert listening skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and with a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to present ideas and take charge of projects.
Benefits and compensation:
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.