zOS Senior Systems Programmer at Ensono
The Mainframe Systems Programmer will provide support for on-going project that require the installation, testing, and implementation of new zOS operating systems and other 'system' software. They are self-starters and provide mentoring for day-to-day activities while maintaining on-going projects that may include installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, procedural documentation for their areas of expertise. Research and evaluation of new software and hardware products, assisting team members and other areas with technical questions and problem resolution. Monitoring and tuning of systems software. In-depth knowledge of z/OS components such has Sysplex with knowledge on setup/configuration. Detailed knowledge of support products such as CICS, DB2, tape management, scheduling, security, monitoring systems, etc.
What you will do:
- Provide thought leadership within the Global Technical Systems Business Unit
- Provides Technical support for HW and SW solutions.
- Possess communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings as well as providing documentation for client operational meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Keep abreast of changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
- Update weekly SW dashboards/scorecards.
- Provide risk assessment and risk management
- Review assignments for accuracy and quality where applicable.
- Facilitate or coordination of software releases/upgrades or large projects.
- Collaboration with other departments
- Adhere to completion of personnel, departmental, and company goals.
- Upgrade/maintain multiple zOS operating systems in a diverse environment.
- Upgrade/maintain additional third-party products.
- Sysplex tuning and sysplex set up work.
What you will need:
- Expert SMP/E skills
- Knowledge serverpac/Installation/IPL
- Skilled in Sysplex support and configuration
- Assembler/Cobol coding
- Fluent in JCL
- Knowledge of REXX/CLIST
- Installation knowledge of ISV SW and IBM product
- Microsoft Office skills
What will set you apart:
- 10+ years’ experience
- Experience in one or multiple IT silos.
- Track record on zOS/Sysplex Support