Packaging Program Manager
Provide global program management and strategic leadership to growth platform projects/initiatives that support new business opportunities. This position will lead and deliver moderate to large, complex projects from preliminary concept through national commercialization/execution. Leadership skills, a demonstrated ability to influence across business units and effectively coordinate internal cross-functional team members, particularly through roadblocks and issues that would impede progress, are required. In addition, this role will help identify, develop, and implement process improvement opportunities that further enable efficiencies and speed to market.
Successful candidates will have: experience in packaging-related industry/discipline; dynamic cross-functional interaction; effective program/project management, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.Responsibilities
- Utilizes advanced project management skills to: lead cross-functional teams; develop and manage project objectives and timelines, including milestones, deliverables, and critical path; address technical challenges and ensures risk profiles and mitigation plans are developed and executed for each project via formal risk assessments.
- Provides input and commercial grounding during project development phases, driving resolution on commercialization hurdles that may arise. Also recommends creative solutions with an appropriate balance of innovation, risk management, benefit and cost.
- Leads resolution of critical issues impacting the projects by driving issues, risks, and decisions to closure in a rapid manner, escalating where appropriate.
- Ability to lead and influence project team members to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work; tries to resolve any issues/challenges directly with team members and escalates to management if needed.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various project team members.
- Acts as a best in class Project Management example for the organization and subject matter expert.
- Facilitates dialogue with the leadership team to manage project prioritization and resource utilization on assigned projects.
- Partners with various Operations Teams to drive consistent and reliable delivery on multifaceted projects.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Builds and maintains exceptional business relationships with internal/external stakeholders through project leadership by providing on-going project communications and status updates.
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the organization, including stakeholders both internal and external. Ability to flex communications (both verbal and written) to intended audience.
- Deliver projects on time (per Gate 5 commitments), at budget, at quality during implementation.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technical or packaging related discipline.
- Preferred: Advanced degree a plus.
Knowledge & Years of Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years in packaging-related industry/discipline with demonstrated success in packaging commercialization.
- 3-5 years of Project or Program Management experience delivering moderate to large, complex technical projects on-time and within budget for CPG, Food Service or related industries.
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplined team with the ability to lead, thrive, provide guidance, and navigate through ambiguity.
- Experience and familiarity with formal, financially driven business case methodology and development.
- Experience in the food/consumer goods area and/or consumer package technology a plus.
- Strong leadership skills in driving delivery through a matrix organization: advanced business acumen, communication, facilitation, interpersonal, influencing, relationship-building and presentation skills.
- Solid theoretical knowledge of primary package design and manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Skilled facilitator and meeting manager that is able to rein in meeting participants and keep groups/teams on task.
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to details.
- Initiative and comfort within an autonomous environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technical project management tools such as timelines, GANTT charts, EPM Live or similar PPM tool, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to tap into, leverage, influence, and communicate throughout all areas and levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify issues, root causes, and resolutions.
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success